as a shooter: what is your opinion on a fake FN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
there are some cobbled together fn hi-power guns on gunbroker....reputable dealer. I am not a collector, so don't care about that...not for the price anyway. They are cheap as they are not purist weapons. for $219 is it a fun gun to have. Due to age, even refinished, they are rough looking, just like an original would likely be. Your thoughts? Cdi sales Cole Distributing is the vender.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned eight Hi Powers and two of the FEG made "clones" (why don't they call every 1911 made by anybody but Colt a "clone"?). In fact, I shot one of them today. Good guns for the money. The finish may not be up to Browning standards, but there is nothing wrong with the quality of the gun itself. It would be hard to go wrong with one for that price.

omega21

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had good experience with FEG and wouldn't hesitate to pick one up. My issue with the ones you are looking at is the sights suck and will make shooting not as much fun, or you have to invest in new sights. You might also consider looking at the Israeli Kareen - which is a HP clone. It's also a bit unrefined (like the FEG) but the sights are much better. I've fired a buddies' several times and has no issues. I also like two-tone guns so I'm a bit biased. Here's an example of one, but there are plenty on GB
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=463811777

Latest posts

Top Bottom