Bad experience today with OKC PD!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are under no obligation to call OKCPD -or- the officer -or- to lie to your employee.

You are also not "harboring a fugitive" by informing them they have a warrant and the police are looking for her (something she evidently already knew as well).

Give me a break...

Yes, I'd file a complaint. Most definately.

Taken from state statute... :Any person who shall knowingly feed, lodge, clothe, arm, equip in whole or in part, harbor, aid, assist or conceal in any manner any person guilty of any felony, or outlaw, or fugitive from justice, or any person seeking to escape arrest for any felony committed within this state or any other state or territory, shall be guilty of a felony.

So...you are actually obligated to call OCPD and let them know they are there. By not calling, tipping off that the cops were looking for them there, ect... the courts have already ruled that that you are aiding in the concealment of a known felon...and you have committed a felony.

Now let me also say that I don't agree with the way the cop handled the situation but he could file for an arrest warrant on you and could probably get one....just saying.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So according to the statutes the cops that rounded up the kids in bricktown should be arrested for false arrest and false imprisonment.
Or is it legal to arrest kids for no reason?

clarkbe9980

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate when people automatically say all cops suck just because of ONE run in with ONE cop. To get through the hiring process a person has to be a generally good person - can't have a record, good references, good work history etc. I know and have met A LOT of cops all over the state and I have only met 2 I didn't get along with (1 OHP and 1 OCPD). You also never know for sure why a cop is being rude in the first place. You don't know what kind of call he was just on (just as an example) the officer that found the girl that was being kept in the closet this past couple weeks that was 5 years old and was just skin and bones going from that to listening to a guy yelling his house got toilet papered.

Don't get pissed of at ALL law enforcement because of some of them. They are people too, cut them some slack.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taken from state statute... :Any person who shall knowingly feed, lodge, clothe, arm, equip in whole or in part, harbor, aid, assist or conceal in any manner any person guilty of any felony, or outlaw, or fugitive from justice, or any person seeking to escape arrest for any felony committed within this state or any other state or territory, shall be guilty of a felony.

So...you are actually obligated to call OCPD and let them know they are there. By not calling, tipping off that the cops were looking for them there, ect... the courts have already ruled that that you are aiding in the concealment of a known felon...and you have committed a felony.

Now let me also say that I don't agree with the way the cop handled the situation but he could file for an arrest warrant on you and could probably get one....just saying.

You are entirely wrong. That is what the statute says but your interpretation is completely wrong and since you reference case law, provide the case.

In order to "assist" a fugutive, the standard is much higher than telling them the police are looking for them and they have a warrant (especially when they already know this). You also must meet the criteria of INTENDING for them to avoid arrest. This is exactly opposite of what the OP did. He actually encouraged the person to turn themselves in.

An no, I'm sorry but not calling OKCPD and telling them that she stopped by for a few minutes does NOT make you a felon or guilty of anything at all...

Don't believe me? Go ask an attorney.

C'mon... :anyone:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah...it just seems that way...when was the last time you saw a thread about a cop doing something good....

I've seen many threads like that on here. They show up all the time.

And for the record, I don't support the OPs statement about "not liking most cops" and perhaps that is what set yukon off or ? Most officers are good, honest, respectful and decent people who have a VERY tough job and risk their lives every day to round up bad guys for us. I appreciate their work, dedication and willingness to do so. I just also think that when they cross the line, they should be corrected the same as anyone.

I do like one persons suggestion of contacting the officer and talking with them to explain and clear the air. HOWEVER, since the officer threatened a felony arrest, he kind of limted the OPs choices of what to do. I honestly would be in fear of retribution if an officer felt so compelled to come to my business with the intent of arresting me and I would probably have my attorney draft a letter to the OKCPD along with my official complaint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom