Ban on guns in post offices is unconstitutional, US judge rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a comment.

I'm old enough to have been working down the road when on August 20, 1986, Patrick Sherrill walked into the Post Office in Edmond on North Broadway and killed 14 and injured 6 others before killing himself.

Patrick Sherrill was employed there at the Post Office.

No joke, but this is where the expression "going postal" originated.

My wife and I both worked a few miles away and being newly married this just scared the ******* out of both of us.

If you are curious, google it. Edmond OK post office massacre Patrick Sherrill.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a comment.

I'm old enough to have been working down the road when on August 20, 1986, Patrick Sherrill walked into the Post Office in Edmond on North Broadway and killed 14 and injured 6 others before killing himself.

My wife and I both worked a few miles away and being newly married this just scared the ******* out of both of us.

I know the officer that was the first on the scene. He's a good friend of mine and we have discussed this extensively. He's retired to Key West and in his words, "fishing the deep blue and smoking Tai stick."

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a comment.

Too bad someone on site didn't have a gun to stop him...guns being banned in federal buildings and all that... Apparently the only thing the gun ban accomplished in that incident was to give Sherrill easy targets to kill.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is sad it has taken this long to get this done!

Now how do we have a class action lawsuit, sueing the gubbermitt and the idiots personally responsible for these heinous rules, for years and years of lost rights?

Latest posts

Top Bottom