• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Beretta Tomcat 32

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheelgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I’m looking for a Beretta Tomcat in 32acp.
Especially the threaded version, but interested in anything.

Thanks

Attachments

• 16F27D5F-01B1-4B1E-83AF-CF26B042C6DB.jpeg
    16F27D5F-01B1-4B1E-83AF-CF26B042C6DB.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 9
  • CDF0A597-B200-49A9-9D71-D0CC39886D1D.jpeg
    CDF0A597-B200-49A9-9D71-D0CC39886D1D.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 0

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I owned a Bobcat ( .22 ) in the '80s and liked it. When they came out with the Tomcat ( .32 ) in 1996 I upgraded. Wish I would have kept the Bobcat too. No regrets on Tomcat. When I purchased they had just come out. I tried to buy one that was in stock from Outdoor America. They would not sell to me because it was in the display, stocked and allocated for only for the police. At that time this was one of the few guns approved to carry as a backup back then (along side the Walther and some other pistola). The salesman said those guns had to meet approval by whatever stringent test they used then. These were originally purchased for my wife. She quit carrying when she changed jobs to safer area. I've always called these a ladies gun but I'm the one who carries it. I don't like carrying anything but do when I feel the need. I hate the weight of a sidearm, the bulk, the overall discomfort. With the pocket pistols, the above reasons are pretty much eliminated. In my back pocket of jeans it looks like a wallet for those that take a gaze at my derriere. It is easily camouflaged placed against the steel engines. Sorry, I couldn't resist the Bruce Springsteen "Born to Run" metaphor. I don't have large hands so this piece fits me fine. There is one feature that has sold me on this gun from the beginning. That is the TILT BARREL. It's quite possibly the safest autoloader to chamber and unload ( much like a revolver ). Many a man has brought harm to himself ( and women ) performing these actions on other autoloading weapons. Including so called practiced, seasoned professionals (cops included). My daughter sold guns for a bit so she got to check many out. She agreed about the chambering issue. She very much disliked the Kimber Micros due to stiff spring that causes excessive torquing, hence bad barrel positioning. The smaller the gun the more precarious the procedure. Slides are slippery and stiff springs cause one to fight the weapon. I don't know why a 9mm was ever developed in that design other than plastic guns were taking over. I haven't ever fired the gun much ( estimate of 200-300 rds over 25 yr period) other than to shoot a little to stay familiar with. I have other hand guns I prefer to shoot but not carry. These are all revolvers except for my Ruger Slabside Target .22. When Baretta came out with thw SS version I almost upgraded but didn't, my Tomcat is a first year production. Good luck on your search.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

I have a “tomcat” I might part with, I have the box and believe all the papers. Trying to post a couple of pics but having trouble. It looks like the photo of the blued one of yours. If you want to PM a number I will text a couple of picture. Thanks

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I owned a Bobcat ( .22 ) in the '80s and liked it. When they came out with the Tomcat ( .32 ) in 1996 I upgraded. Wish I would have kept the Bobcat too. No regrets on Tomcat. When I purchased they had just come out. I tried to buy one that was in stock from Outdoor America. They would not sell to me because it was in the display, stocked and allocated for only for the police. At that time this was one of the few guns approved to carry as a backup back then (along side the Walther and some other pistola). The salesman said those guns had to meet approval by whatever stringent test they used then. These were originally purchased for my wife. She quit carrying when she changed jobs to safer area. I've always called these a ladies gun but I'm the one who carries it. I don't like carrying anything but do when I feel the need. I hate the weight of a sidearm, the bulk, the overall discomfort. With the pocket pistols, the above reasons are pretty much eliminated. In my back pocket of jeans it looks like a wallet for those that take a gaze at my derriere. It is easily camouflaged placed against the steel engines. Sorry, I couldn't resist the Bruce Springsteen "Born to Run" metaphor. I don't have large hands so this piece fits me fine. There is one feature that has sold me on this gun from the beginning. That is the TILT BARREL. It's quite possibly the safest autoloader to chamber and unload ( much like a revolver ). Many a man has brought harm to himself ( and women ) performing these actions on other autoloading weapons. Including so called practiced, seasoned professionals (cops included). My daughter sold guns for a bit so she got to check many out. She agreed about the chambering issue. She very much disliked the Kimber Micros due to stiff spring that causes excessive torquing, hence bad barrel positioning. The smaller the gun the more precarious the procedure. Slides are slippery and stiff springs cause one to fight the weapon. I don't know why a 9mm was ever developed in that design other than plastic guns were taking over. I haven't ever fired the gun much ( estimate of 200-300 rds over 25 yr period) other than to shoot a little to stay familiar with. I have other hand guns I prefer to shoot but not carry. These are all revolvers except for my Ruger Slabside Target .22. When Baretta came out with thw SS version I almost upgraded but didn't, my Tomcat is a first year production. Good luck on your search.
:ooh2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom