Best Chicken Fried Steak in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does Ann's have mashed potAtoes with the chicken fry? I do not like French fries with chicken fried steak, it ruins the plate. Hot rolls and corn would set it off wonderful good.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does Ann's have mashed potAtoes with the chicken fry? I do not like French fries with chicken fried steak, it ruins the plate. Hot rolls and corn would set it off wonderful good.

Yes they have mashed potatoes with your choice of brown or white gravy. Lot's of good sides at Ann's.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kendall's in Noble (named after one of the daughters of the owner) I worked as a cook there part time for about 5 years. Great people to work for.
Babe's Chicken (Sanger, TX - I know it isn't Oklahoma but if you are in the area stop by there and thank me later)
Chuckhouse in OKC Pretty good, but no where near the best in the Universe
Libby's Diner in Goldsby makes a decent one
Don's Alley in Del City
Cheavers in OKC

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to try Cheevers, its a mile from my office and I never knew about it. I could name the worst chicken fry easier than the best but I like Libbys in Goldsby and Chuck House.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kendall's in Noble (named after one of the daughters of the owner) I worked as a cook there part time for about 5 years. Great people to work for.
Babe's Chicken (Sanger, TX - I know it isn't Oklahoma but if you are in the area stop by there and thank me later)
Chuckhouse in OKC Pretty good, but no where near the best in the Universe
Libby's Diner in Goldsby makes a decent one
Don's Alley in Del City
Cheavers in OKC

Ate at Don's Alley this evening for the first time and had the chicken fried steak. I liked it. I'd rate it about an 8 or 9. Really like the place in general because it took me back to my younger days of eating at diners and local own restaurants (not greasy spoon dives). It just fits me. I'll be going back. I'm banking on their breakfast being like old times too.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Chuck House has a pretty good chicken fried steak burger. I hate the cut of meat they use though, it's really "stringy" (for lack of a better term). They put bacon on it, so I darken their door every once in awhile.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ate a Cheevers today for lunch and must say it may be the best chicken fry I've ever had. The place was a bit upity with the white table cloth dinning and wied elevator music. I'm not a huge fan of paying $32 for lunch for 2 ($27 some for lunch and $5 tip) but I will likely go back again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom