Best Glock Trigger Configuration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDN

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'd be interested to hear feedback from OSA members on the best glock trigger upgrade options for concealed carry and for competition purposes. Regarding competition, let's start with USPSA production class rules but feel free to share options/ideas for limited and open rules as well.

Please share experiences as well as vendors, websites, gunsmiths, etc.

Thanks - Paul

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ghost Rocket, and polish the connector/disconnector surfaces without ruining them. You can also polish the trigger bar safety plunger tab and safety plunger face (very, very little). I use 1200 grit silicon-carbide emery paper and skill. The cruciform sear plate also has a ridge that should be deburred from when it was punched from the sheet stock. Fitting the over-travel tab is time-consuming, but yields a really awesome trigger.

This is all USPSA Production legal. Hi, Paul!

PDN

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks Dr_Mitch. I'm enrolled in a Glock Armors class in Spencer in Mid-November. I'd like to be more comfortable and capable of working on m glocks myself.

Anyone have any experience with Vanek Custom triggers or the fulcrum triggers sold at Glockstore.com?

Thanks,

Paul

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Vanek Custom triggers or the fulcrum triggers sold at Glockstore.com?

Thanks,

Paul
I'll just primarily comment on concealed carry since the sky is the limit with USPSA.
I've invested a lot of money on Glock trigger mods in the past. Money spent on quality training is a much better investment.

I've shot a G34 with a Vanek, and I used to own the Fulcrum. Honestly, I think the investment had marginal, if any, difference as to how well I shot. At the time, I thought it improved my shooting. Looking back, I think it was more of a placebo effect than anything else.

I used to always buy a ghost rocket for each Glock. I now prefer the crisper break and stronger reset that comes with the factory connector. All 3.5 connectors are going to feel more mushy than the factory connector. That's just the inherent nature of the lighter connectors.

The only things I do on Glocks now is 1. invest in quality aftermarket sights, 2. the "$.25 polish job", 3. competition springs (keep in mind that with lightened springs, there is always the possibility for light primer strikes. In thousands of rounds, I've never had one, but consider yourself warned), and 4. Vickers' mag release and slide stop (just because I prefer these two for improved, for me, controls).

If you're going for a 2lb trigger in Limited, Vanek is probably the guy to go to. To be honest though, the mechanical design of the Glock trigger system is simply incapable of achieving the same, fine-tuned qualities that a 1911/2011 or even a M&P possess. The trigger bar-connector simply lacks the capability for fine tune adjustments that hammer-sear and trigger bar-sear systems provide.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me, the best Glock trigger configuration is stock, and the best upgrade is more time spent shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom