Best M1A mags (i.e. most reliable/durable)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for some 5/10rd and possibly some 20rd mags for the ole girl. Who makes good ones and should I stay away from any in particular (other than the obvious Chinese-made junk-welded mags).

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only ones that are worth a damn are CMI or original USGI. You can get the CMI mags at 44mag.com. They come in all the capacities you listed plus more. They are the current US Gov't contractor for new mags.

Don't be tempted by the low price on the Korean mags. They are made of weaker steel and the feed lips will deform eventually. Unfortunately I bought 10 of them a couple years ago and learned the hard way. They worked fine at first, but after putting some rounds through them, they all started causing malfunctions. I went to CMI mags and she has been 100% reliable since.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only ones that are worth a damn are CMI or original USGI. You can get the CMI mags at 44mag.com. They come in all the capacities you listed plus more. They are the current US Gov't contractor for new mags.

Don't be tempted by the low price on the Korean mags. They are made of weaker steel and the feed lips will deform eventually. Unfortunately I bought 10 of them a couple years ago and learned the hard way. They worked fine at first, but after putting some rounds through them, they all started causing malfunctions. I went to CMI mags and she has been 100% reliable since.

This man speaks the truth. Checkmate mags from 44mag.com are your best bet unless you can find some authentic USGI mags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom