Best place in tulsa to buy gold or silver bars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheese79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have been thinking and came up with a good idea for my daughter when she has a birthday. instead of something that might last a few weeks or she will out grow I am going to buy her a few ounces of silver each year and maybe a few of gold on like her 10th and 16th and stuff like that. anyone know of a place in Tulsa you can walk in with cash and get something like that?

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would suggest gold and silver coins instead of bars. Bars are easier to counterfeit and when the SHTF coins will be more liquid than bars.

Hooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter just turned 2 and for every occasion she receives silver coins from me along with something she wants/needs. She already has pounds of the stuff, it adds up quickly.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can tell you right now as a coin collector for over 40 years everything and I mean everything is being counterfeited in China even the PCGS holders placing fake coins in them. We've also seen quite a bit of 90% pre-65 US coins that aren't silver. Only deal with a good dealer at this point would be my advice and stay off Ebay unless you know your stuff. US ASE are getting hit too many showing up at dealers.

If you want to mail order Providen metals is a good site and you can get some interesting coins like the Panda, Philharmonic, ASE, or limited edition from Canada.

Here's a few examples. Shipping is around $8.95 and credit cards are an addition 3% (3 bucks on $100) so it will cost you a buck or two more depending on the volume.

http://www.providentmetals.com/bullion/silver/foreign-slv/china-slv-panda.html

http://www.providentmetals.com/bullion/silver/foreign-slv/can-slv-maple.html
The wildlife series is limited to 1 million coins.

http://www.providentmetals.com/bullion/silver/foreign-slv/silver-britannias.html

Full link:

http://www.providentmetals.com/bullion/silver.html

Your best (cheapest) bet is 90% from Don's

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about rounds? I like the idea of buying for the silver/gold content only - not any collector value. Seems like they would be better barter material as well (like coins) if needed, rather than bars. Good idea or bad idea for the non-collector, and for someone wanting to possess PMs?

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At this point I'd stay away from "Round" even though a dealer. They aren't that much cheaper than a goverment bullion coin like the Philharmonic. Rounds can be cool but selling them will be at a big discount as well as sterling which is actually much cheaper to purchase then US 90% and it's been that way forever.

Just food for thought. You pay a little more per coin and you'll get a little more when you sell.

90% silver US coins are the best for just owning silver: Dimes, Quarters, Halves. Most can be purchased for around spot and buying an album you can actually get most of them without paying collectors prices and you have something to look at. In fact 90% is being melted so it may have collectors value in the future. JMO

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only thing about giving silver coins to kids is that they might end up in a vending or game machine somewhere. I don't remember how i found out, but some of mine I had saved turned up somewhere at a local store or something. It's a good idea to give them silver if you could figure out a way for them not to spend it until they get a little older. i had been thinking about giving them something like savings bonds or bank savings acct contributions instead of crap toys and video games, but this is better. Maybe make a welded up metal piggy bank ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom