My daughter decided to make jewelry stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple months ago my 18yo daughter decided she wanted to get into making silver and turquoise jewelry. She’s artistic like her mother who does custom leather tooling/crafting. We told her to go at it and let us know what tools she needed and I’d foot the bill. I already owned a bunch of tools that would help her in this line of work. Her and her mother ran down around OKC to a ladies shop/studio that does classes and they participated in a one day class each making a ring. They came home and said that it wasn’t a difficult task. At a bare bones level anyhow. They took lots of notes on tools and materials. In the last month my daughter has been full throttle out there in her studio area portion of our leather shop cranking out her own pieces of silver and turquoise jewelry. She has sold many pieces and I’m proud to watch her craftsmanship get better with each piece. She’s hit some problems and had to figure out how to overcome them or fix a mistake which is a great experience. This is my eldest daughter and I’m tickled to have atleast one of the three seem to find a skill that can put food on the table. Here’s some of her work below. I’m no gemologist but I do know they buy these stones from Western states and while I don’t see the money difference some stones cost much more than others. Lol
AF2C5DF7-A6E5-441D-8B34-CC084F8DB991.jpeg
A5E24BF0-B5EB-4EB4-A9BA-8F16F789CFF0.jpeg
C000D3AA-1F3A-4E7E-8838-C54FF1E02E61.jpeg
8088DF19-D59E-4064-87A1-1937122286CB.jpeg
C4B9231D-F9E6-444D-90D4-CE453CF63B0B.jpeg
CDF2623F-2C9E-43BD-B02F-3ED5742C4391.jpeg
F27C6C78-0F4D-43F6-B384-848CB75D3DA5.jpeg

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m no expert but those look really nice, I especially like the non-Turquoise pieces.

Man, she is talented!
Thank you! Yeah I don’t even try to comprehend what each stone is. I know the ones with white is called white buffalo but that’s the extent of my knowledge. Lol

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very beautiful work! Hopefully her love for it will continue to grow because she obviously has a talent for it. A distant cousin of mine started as a silversmith when he was a young man. He learned the craft through the Traditional Cowboy Arts Association, and he has continued the craft for several years now. Tanner Crow Silver if anybody wants to check out some of his work.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The necklace in the next to last pic looks at a distance like an ivory from an elk.

The detail she’s put into each one is awesome, she certainly has patience for that tiny detail work.

I’m sure someone’s going to ask, does she have a place she sells at online somewhere?
Yeah she said on Instagram. I don’t even know how to work that but she said she’ll send me a link.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck, now all you need to do is get her to start making spurs with some silver work done to them.
I made a few sets of spurs a couple years ago. I bought a fancy engraving machine and all the necessary stuff to do silver mountings but never attempted the silver work. She will probably use the $3k worth of engraving tools more than me. Lol. Heck I’m waiting for her to get dialed in and then I’ll build the spurs and let her handle the silver work. Ya see………..it was alllllll part of the plan. (Say that in Don Knotts voice)

Latest posts

Top Bottom