Bill would allow CLEET certified educators to carry in OK schools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And while this legislation is a good start, even better would be to see it expanded to include parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and others with children in schools who would be willing to undergo CLEET certification and serve as "parent volunteers" to help secure our schools.

Enough is enough.
Excellent idea.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree eventually we should be able to carry in the school on our cards, but this first incremental step would be less likely to scare off the fence-sitters in the OK Republican caucus. This is the Realpolitik of gun legislation in Oklahoma.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know at least 3 Oklahoma educators that would pay for their own CLEET certification if that was what it took to arm themselves at work.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im just not sure about teachers/principals carrying openly or having the same authority as a Leo. But if this is what it takes or if this is what parents want, i could support it.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it would be no problem finding a few boosters to pay for training of 5 or more educators per school.
I wouldn't want it to be open carry and I would think that it should require at least a level 2 retention holster.

SigInBoots

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree eventually we should be able to carry in the school on our cards, but this first incremental step would be less likely to scare off the fence-sitters in the OK Republican caucus. This is the Realpolitik of gun legislation in Oklahoma.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Don't burst my bubble, dude. I've been working on this all morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom