Bill would allow CLEET certified educators to carry in OK schools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm for waiting to read the text of the bill. SIB had the suggestion it should be "school employee" and not necessarily educators specifically, which I agree with. Front office staff need the option, as well as custodial staff who are more likely to be "roaming".

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd donate both the training and the money to buy the lock boxes and guns to go in them! If you could find teachers who will support it, I know there are others like me!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wondering how many full time school employees are already certified as Reserve Officers in the state? That would be a good place to start. Eveyone that works in these schols has to have a background check I'd venture. I see no reason to restrict it to teachers and principals. Beyond that, my comments in the thread about ideas on what to do apply.

It will be interesting to see how many administrators lobby against this idea.

jwv

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would support that right for teachers and principals to be able to defend themselves and of course the students.The cost to do the CLEET is something I would support. They don't have anything now as far as I know and the time to do something in providing them a least a chance to stop a crazy is well worth it.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this is an excellent suggestion! I think this is a better solution than a uniformed security guard. A uniformed guard would be an easy target, but a counter attack coming from an unknown defender would make the school a harder target.

Latest posts

Top Bottom