Bit by a dog on my morning run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really, now? I figured JB's comment was in jest.

I'd never sue an animal owner that was truly mortified their pet attacked me and was responsive to making it right. By the way you described the woman in question? Absolutely!

If someone refuses to accept responsibility, they should be forced to do it. Imagine if the next person that dog attacks is a small child? I wouldn't want that on my conscience, knowing I could've done something about it. :(

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 6'2" healthy man shoots and kills dog for biting him. Not sure I want to have that conversation with the police\DA.

I'd shoot it dead and have no problem telling the cop/DA/priest or whoever how I was in fear for my life. Ain't any different the shooting a charging bear or clawing cat. Ever seem what a 60 pound wolverine can do to a 300 pound man? Well, it ain't pretty. If it attacks me it's dead.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We'll sue her for you.

Years ago a buddy of mine in California was bitten by a dog that leaped out of a car window as he walked by. While driving to the doctor he saw a billboard for an attorney, 1-800-Big-Bite. Said a little Jewish attorney came and talked to him, took a photo of the bite and called him 2 weeks later. Said come down to the office you got sign some papers for your $25,000 check. Maybe JB needs a billboard.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 2007, I nearly died from complications of a dog bite. My OC/dog repellent spray now consists of a Glock. (Because they are better than 1911's)

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd shoot it dead and have no problem telling the cop/DA/priest or whoever how I was in fear for my life. Ain't any different the shooting a charging bear or clawing cat. Ever seem what a 60 pound wolverine can do to a 300 pound man? Well, it ain't pretty. If it attacks me it's dead.

Here in Oklahoma, wolverine attacks are almost as rare as black panther attacks.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no problems with killing a dog that needs killed. You could always do like the folks out here and carry about a 2' stick. Amazing what a man can do with a good piece of hickory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Disagree. Let's see it.
Should I add a poll?

yes do this ,teach her a lesson and get your medical etc taken care of. some people have to be forced to take responsibility

I really hadn't considered this unless I incurred medical expenses. I sure as heck wouldn't be paying for that, but I really wouldn't know how to start the process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom