Bllood Donation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to give every chance I got. Now, like many others here, both GC and I are precluded from being able to give. Kinda sucks. I rather enjoyed doing it, knowing that I might have a hand is saving someone else's life ...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those wondering if you're allowed, here are the Red Cross Eligibility Criteria: http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/eligibility-requirements/eligibility-criteria-topic

This one addresses anthrax: http://www.adamscountyredcross.com/donor-requirements.aspx. You're apparently eligible if you've had no symptoms.

Ohhhh, thanks for posting that! I just kinda assumed that with all the meds I've been on they wouldn't take me anymore. Apparently that is not the case. So, I'll make a trip to OBI Monday to check and see if I'm good to go. GC can sit there and hold my hand for me ... HOW SWEET!! :D

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to donate to OBI in Tulsa on 81st on a regular basis.

I no longer do. They have no guns sign on the door, or did when I was last there.

I prefer to not give my business to places like that when I have a choice and I do have a choice.

I had a long, friendly talk with the guy in charge there one day. He later told me he spoke with his boss about it and they were not interested in changing the rules or taking down the sign.

I am surprised to see all this support for an anti-gun operation.

jej

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone here is so willing to "donate" their blood to OBI when they turn around pay their people horribly and make a profit off your selfless act. The red cross would be happy to take your blood and is non-profit.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone here is so willing to "donate" their blood to OBI when they turn around pay their people horribly and make a profit off your selfless act. The red cross would be happy to take your blood and is non-profit.

Does the Red Cross supply hospitals in Oklahoma with blood? When in the hospital and needing blood ASAP do you have a choice of free Red Cross Blood or paying OBI for blood?
If OBI employees aren't happy with there employment, there are other options for employment.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeez ... OB ... I swear ... Look what you did now ... Don't you know that it is NOT right to ask anyone to do something that doesn't benefit them directly, right this very second ... Sheesh ... :rolleyes2

(BTW, they wouldn't let me give because I just had surgery. I think when my "time out" is over I will start giving regularly again. I honestly didn't think I could, so it's nice to know I still can. Thanks!! :) )

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to donate regularly to OBI, had to stop with older aging because it had certain effects, but I have O Negative with CMV negative but if any of you out there are O neg and CMV negative or whatever it is you know or should find out what it means. If you are of such and young ones do you know that that means to the OBI? If you are CMV negative, if I remember, you as a child never had a certain cold virus. That means your blood is as good as gold for new born children, I do mean new born. Check with the OBI if you are not aware or certain of this. I gave constantly when I could wish I could still do so. New borns, just remember that. Thank you for reading my rant, but the OBI will love you forever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom