Boating question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I got a small aluminum boat in a trade. The guy signed the title and had it notarized, I got my part signed and notarized. Now he did not give me a bill of sale. Is this going to be a problem? I was going to make a copy of the title and keep it until the new one comes in. Will that be sufficient if I get stopped by the lake patrol?

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't need a bill of sale with a notarized title. You can't however take it on the lake without a valid registration. If the reg is still good, then no worries at all.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes the reg is still good. the sticker is a 2013. I thought that you had to have the registration of the boat with you while boating, and if no title then a bill of sale. Did I read that wrong?

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the boat sank, I lost them. RedDog too. We are just not good semen, er I mean seamen. I sank mine when I was playin Swamp People and chased an imaginary 30-foot gator and shot a hold in the bottom of it...

yanksdad3

Marksman
Reaction score
I have never lost a gun in a boating accident although I only have a few daisy BB guns.

My uncle has a nice collection but he lives in Canada and he doesn't have a boat. He can't swim.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you reddog1, berettaman,batchman and yanksdad3. You guys have been a great help. It is guys like you that make OSA such a wonderful place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom