Bobcat opens December 1st

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EviL you need the license and the raccoon, fox, bobcat license. If you have a lifetime you are ok. There are lots of cats down in your part of the state.

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was planning on getting in on some of this in a few weeks since one of my family members started seeing one on his 10 acre property where his house is at. He has had lots of cats come up missing and he has a dog and kids so we are going to see what we can do.

What type of calls typically work best for them?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I was planning on getting in on some of this in a few weeks since one of my family members started seeing one on his 10 acre property where his house is at. He has had lots of cats come up missing and he has a dog and kids so we are going to see what we can do.

What type of calls typically work best for them?

Sounds like okhunter may need to be the one answering this but I've had great success in NE and NW OK using a jackrabbit distress and woodpecker distress. I seriously doubt any NE OK cat has heard a jackrabbit so I'm sold that it's just the instinct of "curiosity killed the cat" that brings them in. Be patient and make sure you sit long enough at each stand, cats often move in slow. If I'm calling cat specific, I'll call for 30 minutes. If you see one and it hangs up, stop your call for a minute and then start it again. Something about that call stopping seems to get them on the move again.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great advice!

Another tip is to use some good binoculars and scan the tree lines in the area. Sometimes they will be sitting on their haunches just looking around.

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise guys. I have a couple rabbit distress calls. Looks like the 10th-11th will be our first shot at trying to get one lured in. Where we are hunting them at is pretty wooded around his house but it has a clearing at the back that is 2-3 acres. So we can't see to far. None the less we will give it our all.

goosedestroyer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I saw a big Bobcat on the opening day of rifle season at the lease, walked by her stand. She was little scared when she saw it and asked me if that Bobcat can attack us, I laughted and said no. Then she asked me if we can shoot it, I said not until Dec 1st. Hopefully see this one big Bobcat again this weekend. We have some pictures of the big Bobcat on our game camera. I will try to post it on here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom