Book recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take that back. Outlaw Platoon isn't a terrific book.

It is an outstanding book.

About the only issue I had with it was every time he says "going cyclic," I kept thinking of Clint Romesha's Red Platoon, which has a chapter titled "Going Cyclic." And that's not a knock, as Red Platoon is also an outstanding book. I do find it interesting how many parallels exist between the two...

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ending really got me. Just a sad story overall but really does explain the bond that brothers in arms have. It really makes me want to know what happened to the others in the book. I hope he wins that senate seat too.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm, lots of good titles. I did not read through everything but how about a more obscure read. Very good book, post apocalyptic: A Canticle For Liebowitz.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of former Delta Force Major, Dalton Fury's books. Thomas Greer (Dalton Fury is a pseudonym) was his real name has gone on to Valhalla after a battle with cancer.

"Delta Force" the memoirs of its founder Charles Beckwith

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want good reads in history without getting bogged down in minutiae, Rick Atkinson’s trilogy about the US Army in the WW2 ETA, and the first book in his trilogy on the American Revolutionary War, are excellent choices. I’m eagerly awaiting the next two books in the latter trilogy, but the author mentioned it took him 15 years to write the WW2 trilogy, so…

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want good reads in history without getting bogged down in minutiae, Rick Atkinson’s trilogy about the US Army in the WW2 ETA, and the first book in his trilogy on the American Revolutionary War, are excellent choices. I’m eagerly awaiting the next two books in the latter trilogy, but the author mentioned it took him 15 years to write the WW2 trilogy, so…
Dang, WW2 itself didn't take that long!

Latest posts

Top Bottom