Bow fishing with a crossbow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the Dept. of wildlife website

"
These methods are legal for taking nongame fish according to the following provisions unless restricted under "Public Fishing Waters" special regulations.

Bow and Arrow: Bowfishing may be used to take nongame fish only, throughout the year in all waters unless restricted under the "Public Fishing Waters" special regulations. Fish taken by this method count towards the daily bag limit, and any carcasses or remains shall be properly disposed of. Legal bowfishing is restricted to:

• any bow (including a crossbow);
  • devices that permit a bow to be held mechanically at full or partial draw are permitted.

greytdanehouse

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
From the Dept. of wildlife website

"
These methods are legal for taking nongame fish according to the following provisions unless restricted under "Public Fishing Waters" special regulations.

Bow and Arrow: Bowfishing may be used to take nongame fish only, throughout the year in all waters unless restricted under the "Public Fishing Waters" special regulations. Fish taken by this method count towards the daily bag limit, and any carcasses or remains shall be properly disposed of. Legal bowfishing is restricted to:

• any bow (including a crossbow);
  • devices that permit a bow to be held mechanically at full or partial draw are permitted.
Hey thanks!!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've bow fished a lot over the years and I can't imagine having that kind of speed with a bolt and a string attached that close to my face, hands and arms lol. I'm sure thousands of folks have done it safely but there's a whole lot that can go wrong, and I've seen it go wrong with vertical bows more than once bow fishing. Nothing severe but also just on 40lb or 50lb draw bows and not 150lb or more xbows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom