Boy Scouts shut down troop for refusing to banish gay scoutmaster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Infowar Rebel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who cares if the scoutmaster is gay, there was no problem with him before they found out he was gay. If he was a positive role model before how does that change now that his sexuality is known? To kick all these kids out of boy scouts because the big cheese's don't approve of the pack leaders sexuality is messed up. Why punish the kids for these council leaders bigotry? Kind of hypocritical to profess to teach kids to be better people and then do stuff like this.

Spoken like a true proponent of the new world order.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That scout troop should not have been disbanded on account of an openly gay scoutmaster. Those youngsters don't need to be competing with good ol' boys when they grow up. I hate seeing a good looking woman with another guy, if that guy were gay, she could be with me instead.

cusm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who cares if the scoutmaster is gay, there was no problem with him before they found out he was gay. If he was a positive role model before how does that change now that his sexuality is known? To kick all these kids out of boy scouts because the big cheese's don't approve of the pack leaders sexuality is messed up. Why punish the kids for these council leaders bigotry? Kind of hypocritical to profess to teach kids to be better people and then do stuff like this.

I agree. As a scout leader, we are suppose to be teaching these boys how to be good men. Tolerance, forgiveness and acceptance are more Christian values than hatred and bigotry. At the ages of the majority of scouts, sex straight, gay or other wise should not be addressed anyway.

And as an FYI most pedophiles are "heterosexual" males.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What would Baden Powell do?
Would he limit his resources of leadership because the man in question prefers men as sex partners? Would he stick to the moldy stereotypical expectations of manliness?
Just a quick comparison of a Scout handbook of 50 years ago to a modern one will let the reader see how Scouting has changed and adapted to our changing world.
It's a ^%ed up world, if you ask me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom