Boy Scouts shut down troop for refusing to banish gay scoutmaster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[/B]

How about working in a gay bar?
Trust me, I've been around A LOT of gays that wernt on TV.
Your be suprised how these guys act and really think when they are in there own world.
I have no problem with them, hell if I did I wouldn't have worked with them. But as far as having them alone with young impressionable boys, as a big mentor who's supposed to help educate them. No thanks, I wouldn't have my boy around them.

Because straight guys in a singles bar are good people also.

You gotta take into account the type of place you were working in bro.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A play on words, but if a person doesn't like bigots because of what they believe............does that make a person a bigot for not agreeing with a bigot?

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats or views other people with fear, distrust or hatred on the basis of a person's ethnicity, evaluative orientation, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, opinion, or other characteristics.
From wiki

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[/B]

How about working in a gay bar?
Trust me, I've been around A LOT of gays that wernt on TV.
Your be suprised how these guys act and really think when they are in there own world.

No I wouldn't. I've got my fair share of bar and restaurant experience and I'll say that straight people act just as bad if not significantly worse in a bar. In fact working in a gay bar, how many stabbings, fights, shootings, etc....etc...did you see? Now go work in a straight bar and watch someone pull a knife on someone over a quarter table or two mothers fight over some whitetrash *********. These people are your teachers, coaches, and or have kids of their own.

I'm not going to change your mind here, but the whole "I once had a black friend so I'm not racist" type excuse is easy to poke holes in with a little logic.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about this:
My definition of a man is someone that pairs up with the opposite sex, procreates, and provides for and protects his family. Any deviation from that doen't agree with my standards, and for decades these same values were taght by the Scouts. For eons these values were considered the norm. So if I don't want to participate in this deviation from centuries of values/culture, it's OK.

Doesn't make me a hater, bigot or anything else. I'm sure some would argue that, but I pretty much don't give a $^% what I get called.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about this:
My definition of a man is someone that pairs up with the opposite sex, procreates, and provides for and protects his family. Any deviation from that doen't agree with my standards, and for decades these same values were taght by the Scouts. For eons these values were considered the norm. So if I don't want to participate in this deviation from centuries of values/culture, it's OK.

Doesn't make me a hater, bigot or anything else. I'm sure some would argue that, but I pretty much don't give a $^% what I get called.

So the Pope isn't a "man" by your standards?

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright so you are a bigot and a racist then?
Glad to know I can no care about what you say.

Is that supposed to hurt my feelings????
That's actually pretty odd coming from someone from Coweta lol

Because straight guys in a singles bar are good people also.

You gotta take into account the type of place you were working in bro.

A bar ....
A bar in which was full of all types. It wasn't just the trash that came in there. Some of them where young pups trying to climb up on any leg they could hump. Other were middle aged or older niece clean cut guys that a lot you'd of never guessed were gay.
You know what they all had in common?
The way they think.

As far as what happened in there....
Ya there were a few fights and stuff. Bout like any other bar.
Our biggest problems were the "Bigots" outside waiting to roll a gay in the parking lot. Including me cause they assumed I was one of them.
For my "I have a black friend so I'm not racist" mentality. You don't have to have gay or black friends to not be a bigot or racist. Do I disagree with their (gays) way of life? Not at all. Hell I'm a freak when it comes to sex, I'll try almost anything once. Or twice lol...
So if giving it or taking up the rear is their thing them more power to them. Don't knock it til you try it I guess, just not my thing. But just because I believe there is a time and place and situations for certain people, doesn't mean I hate them or am a bigot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom