BREAKING: BOEING 737 ENGINE COWLING COMES APART in FLIGHT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
From 2019 numbers, (later numbers were down because of Covid) approximately 9,000,000 times, people bought an airline ticket in the US
If 1 plane goes down and 300 people perish, that is .00003 percent that died. Still safer than driving. That death rate is around .025 percent. I dont have the actual numbers on that but I'm not far off... if I did the math right and estimated number of drivers.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mean, if it was carriers cutting corners, then why are we not seeing issues with Airbus? Carriers are only cutting corners with Boeing? Does that make sense?

I mean sure, I bet the carriers cutting corners are the reason that the Max planes went down. The carriers definitely designed the MCAS system and decided that they'd make it reliant on a single point of failure and then tell themselves that no additional training was required.

The carriers 100% decided that shoddy procedures and oversight of the airframes was totally cool before the door plug blew out. I mean, they probably wanted the bad press with their company name on it.

And who can deny that the carriers were the ones that somehow got designated by the FAA to inspect themselves at the Boeing factory and pass things that shouldn't have. It was super of Boeing to obvious allow them in to do that as well.

The only thing that makes sense in that argument is that "there have been colossal screw ups and bad decisions by management". Boeing used to be a company of engineers --- once they gave that up in favor of chasing pennies of profit for shareholders by turning their backs on their history and what made them who they were ---- THAT'S when the saying changed from "if it isn't Boeing" to "If it IS Boeing I'm not going".
I mean, I've literally built structural airframe and wing components for Boeing and Airbus both.

But, I'm glad you have it figured out, you can go consult for them to straighten them all out, save a major company and make bank too...

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wouldnt faze me if I at least had vision.
But I drive a ford so I aint worried about that.
Got a point there, it's a ford so being on the side of the road instead of on it could make a difference.-------------------J/K, but you left yourself wide open on that one!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean, I've literally built structural airframe and wing components for Boeing and Airbus both.

But, I'm glad you have it figured out, you can go consult for them to straighten them all out, save a major company and make bank too...
Ahhhh....so you in your subsection of the broader aerospace corner have it all figured out. Gotcha. Then again, if you had it all figured out and with your base of highly specific and more important insider knowledge I bet you'd be even better positioned to make all that bank you mentioned.

Then again, having checked a few different sources of people whose opinion I consider more overarching and more impartial than yours, I'll defer to my original assessment that is supported by those opinions and the evidence they presented.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a point there, it's a ford so being on the side of the road instead of on it could make a difference.-------------------J/K, but you left yourself wide open on that one!

Then again, I'm nearing 64 years of "licensed" driving, and in all those years with all those vehicles, our Fords have given us A LOT less problems than all the other brands. Numerous GM products had their engines fail in spite of regular maintenance. Chrysler products were also way below par.

Latest posts

Top Bottom