Diesel pusher motohome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know about now but Coachman used to have quality issues. Actually any brand with man on the end (Dutchman).

eta: don’t know if you do facebook but there’s some decent groups of most brands/types. You can get a feel for their products quality just by looking at the discussions on them.

We bought a 2021 pull behind from Keystone Cougar. We found out after taking it back in for service it was also one of the first post-pandemic to roll of the assembly line. Thing was a POS. We took it out about 15 times and it broke 15 times. Every trip we took I had to find parts for it. And taking it in for warranty work meant not having it for weeks or even months.

Last edited:

Istandalone

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friend has this. Tiffin Alegro Bus 39 ft. Haven't heard any complaining.
1714658240595.png

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking, considering options.
40' is LONG, trying to maneuver into places.
I prefer something in the 32' range. 36' is my limit, just for personal comfort and I drove 18 wheelers for years.
Newmar is a top brand. I've heard good about Allegro and Bounder. Stay away from Thor and Jayco. The others seem to be luck of the draw. Those with "man" in name more problematic.

Best buys are finding someone like yourself, a year from now. Tried the life and ready to sell. Many options on FarceBook Marketplace.

Last edited:

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 2018, I found a FSBO 2005 Fleetwood Expedition 37 foot diesel pusher with a CAT C7 Turbo 300 hp. It had 67K miles on it. Very low for a pusher. They wanted $47K. I offered $37K and put $10K in the bank for repairs, updated maintenance and other expected costs in buying an old diesel. I spent just about $10K in the first year we owned it, but now I have an solid engine with all new belts, seals and I maintain it just like CAT recommends. Never been dead on side of road after getting updated. As a point of reference, I paid more for that Ford Explorer we tow behind her than I did for the Motorhome. And none of that DEF bull crap that new diesels. They are out there, but you just have look for them. Premier Truck in OKC and Tulsa have done all my repairs and service.

Attachments

• IMG_0014 (1).JPG
    IMG_0014 (1).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1162 (1).JPG
    IMG_1162 (1).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom