broken arrow man jailed for pointing gun at police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyboy123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Broken Arrow Police arrested a man they say greeted them at the door of his home with a semi-automatic handgun. William Andrew Ragan, 24, was booked into the Tulsa County Jail on a felony complaint of pointing a firearm with intent.
Officers say they went to a home in the 1200 block of East Edgewater just before midnight Friday on a noise complaint. One officer went to the front door and knocked while the second went around to the back, according to an arrest report.

The officer at the back of the house said he looked through the kitchen window and saw a small amount of marijuana by the sink. The report says Ragan went into the kitchen and grabbed the pot.

Another man at the house called 911 to make sure the officers were legitimate members of the police force before answering the door.

When both officers entered the house, they said Ragan was hiding behind the door pointing a handgun at them stating, "Get the (expletive deleted) out of my house."

Ragan dropped the gun when ordered to, the arresting officer said. The 24-year-old Broken Arrow man told police the marijuana belonged to a guest.

Police say the gun was loaded with a round in the chamber. Ragan is in Tulsa County Jail on a $20,000 bond.

Copied article

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
illegal entry, I would say the police officers are lucky they didn't get shot. I also think they should be disciplined to the full extent for this.

I ask what happens when someone does this and a firefight ensues and someone or everyone loses their life because of people defending themselves or property during an illegal entry by a police officer

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
illegal entry, I would say the police officers are lucky they didn't get shot. I also think they should be disciplined to the full extent for this.

I ask what happens when someone does this and a firefight ensues and someone or everyone loses their life because of people defending themselves or property during an illegal entry by a police officer

but there was pot in the house!

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is not an illegal entry, based on the article is appears the officers were let in. If not the marijuana was in plain sight which would give the officers reason to enter.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not an illegal entry, based on the article is appears the officers were let in. If not the marijuana was in plain sight which would give the officers reason to enter.

Maybe I am reading this wrong but I see nothing that indicates they were let in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom