Bushmaster ACR at Sports World

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I was meaning by accessories were the complaints about the stock. They will be making other stocks for it. Sure it wont take a AR style stock, but who cares. It isnt an AR now is it? There is also the bottom part of the handguard. I wouldnt be suprised if they made alternate parts for that as well.

Now, isnt remington also doing an ACR?

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I was meaning by accessories were the complaints about the stock. They will be making other stocks for it. Sure it wont take a AR style stock, but who cares. It isnt an AR now is it? There is also the bottom part of the handguard. I wouldnt be suprised if they made alternate parts for that as well.

Now, isnt remington also doing an ACR?

They have 2 models of forends. One with a quad rail and one without. I would choose the one without.

From what I understand Bushmaster is handling the civilian market and Remington is supposed to handle the military/police market. I assume that just means Remington will make the full auto version.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did get to see this rifle...my observations.

The rifle is heavy! I know where the Sig 556 gets its heft...but a gun with aluminum and polymer construction shouldn't be that heavy.

The SCAR is easily 1-1.5 lbs lighter.

The ACR uses a standard AR barrel (from what I could see) and it looks like an AR bolt. The SCAR's bolt in comparasion is similiar in design, but bigger...the locking lugs look thicker, as does the extractor.

The ACR non folding stock stinks. The ACR's stock adjustable cheekcomb was a better design than the SCAR.

The ACR has a strange selector switch...it is big in size, but has a small lever...making it kinda awkward to use. The Mag catch is similiar in design and layout to an FAL.

The ACR's cocking knob is ambidextrous and located about midway up the rail (comes on the left side). It is angled slightly downward and about the size of an MP5 knob. It had a "too small" feel to it.

Sights were Magpul MBUS.

For the cost...I'd get the SCAR....I already have several other piston drive 5.56's (MSAR, FS2k, AR180B, Mini-14)

The barrel isn't a stock AR barrel and the bolt and carrier aren't standard AR or M16 either.

Most of the complaints of the weight have surprised me - I thought in the original Masada that Magpul was touting it as a very light-weight rifle. I guess they added a bunch of heavy crap to them later on down the line.

This whole thing has seriously just ruined a very good thing in my mind - I bet once these things sit on the shelf for a very long time that they finally drop the price down to what they originally talked about.

johnster999

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ACR has always seemed like a nice idea to me but I just don't see it justifying a $2300 price. I thought the caliber interchangeability would be a big plus, but what good is caliber interchangeability when you could have just bought two (or more) guns at the same price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom