Car dealership recommendation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so theres been some threads lately involving bad dealerships. I have participated in the bashing myself. Ive been trying to upgrade my truck for the past 4 months or so with no luck. Every deal seems to be a bait and switch or has involved a bold faced lie.

Not sure if anyone has been to this place before BUT as a last ditch effort, I went to John Vance Dodge/GMC/Ford in Guthrie to look into a holdover 2012 RAM 1500 Limited. I couldn't do a deal on one of the 2012 holdovers with my trade and still get the terms I wanted. After some work on their part I was finally able to find and get a truck I can live with for a long time.

I'll admit, I'm not the easiest to deal with car buying customer. I'm picky, wishy washy and a little grumpy when car buying but they took it all in stride. They were easy to deal with and I flew through financing without any shenanigans. SO! I finally found a dealership that is honest and upfront with me. Plus, this is the first car dealership that Ive personally run into that DOES NOT HAVE A GUNBUSTER SIGN!

So if you are in the market for a Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler/Cadillac/Buick/GMC/Ford..Go see Lathan Hicks @ John Vance in Guthrie. Tell Lathan that Daytomann sent you. :) I can recommend without hesitation. 405-282-2113 405-517-8040 PM me if you need any more info.

Ive also heard that Diffee is good to deal with as well, although Ive never been to that lot.

Last edited:

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the best things to do before going to a dealer to buy a vehicle is having money or financing in hand. Go to your bank or wherever and get pre-approved before shopping. The sale of the vehicle itself is really not the real money maker in dealers, its in the financing and all the other BS they can tack on like accesories, warranties, etc.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the best things to do before going to a dealer to buy a vehicle is having money or financing in hand. Go to your bank or wherever and get pre-approved before shopping. The sale of the vehicle itself is really not the real money maker in dealers, its in the financing and all the other BS they can tack on like accesories, warranties, etc.

I hear that! Always best if you can.

However in this case, financing was straight up simple. When at the signing table there was not even a whimper from them about an extended warranty. We only talked GAP ins. And they fixed me up with an inexpensive GAP policy.
Seriously, the whole process pleasantly surprised me.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently bought from John vance. Call Phil Sites at 282-2113 or his cell is 570-3682. Excellent to deal with.

Tell him Wes Kennedy sent you

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mentioned Diffee Ford, and I can personally vouch for that dealership in El Reno. We've been dealing with them for about 15 years. In fact, it was Diffee that suggested the FAA credit union back some years ago, and they even arranged the loan for us. Since then, we've just gone to FAA and discussed vehicles before even going back to Diffee's again. The last time was with FAA and Diffee Ford as well.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a great experience with a Bob Moore Ford, and would highly recommend them. I'd say to stay away from Bob Howard Ford, but they sucked so hard they went out of business.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bob Howard Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge can bite me. They flat out lied about the history of a Jeep Liberty we bought; I hate liars. They also only gave us one key, said that was all they had. BS! Used car dealers try to keep a key in case they need to repossess. I hate liars, have I mentioned that?

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eskridge Honda. Big thumbs up. Bought two cars in the last two years and they are great to deal with. I've bought and sold countless cars in my life. These guys are the ONLY dealership I've ever walked away from wanting to recomend them to other people. Ask for Mike Fister. He's awesome.

plissken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only two I can recommend for purchasing is Owen Thomas Ford in Stillwater and Fergusen Subaru in Broken Arrow. I bought a few new ones from Owen Thomas. Great experience. Fergusen Subaru, at that time, was the only Subaru dealer in the state that was interested in selling cars. The other place had no interest in selling cars, I don't know how they stay in business. Like most people, my list of places I won't buy from exceeds the "good guys" list. Hopefully, I've learned to not spend so frivously and will NEVER buy new again. What a waste of money that was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom