Is There a Known Time Limit on a Reply When Dealing on Here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All this butthurt could’ve been avoided…
View attachment 478820

Maybe things got reversed!

IMG_9739.png

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is amazing to get so many different answers to a simple question of what a reasonable time frame is to respond to a PM. I get accused of butt hurt when there seems to be more of it in some of these replies. I was looking at replies of say 1 hour,2 hours,2 day etc.,etc. It wasn't meant to be complicated.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is amazing to get so many different answers to a simple question of what a reasonable time frame is to respond to a PM. I get accused of butt hurt when there seems to be more of it in some of these replies. I was looking at replies of say 1 hour,2 hours,2 day etc.,etc. It wasn't meant to be complicated.

C'mon, Man!!!!

This is OSA!!!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

@Profreedomokie

You asked an unanswerable question.

I’ve sent PMs and not had a reply for days.
I’ve sent PMs and within a minute got a reply.

I’ve gotten a PM that was first in line. I replied and waited 24 hrs and went to second in line. First PM replied a couple days later. Some may only wait a few hours, some may wait 10 minutes and go to the next guy. Hence the unanswerable question.

Ain’t nothing for sure in this life but dying at the end! Let it go bud, I know you’re a good guy. You were out in left field on this one!

Last edited:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
C'mon, Man!!!!

This is OSA!!!
You're right it is. Nobody misses a chance to bast someone if they can. It reminds of one of the machinist pages I joined years ago. I post something about using PVC pipe for air lines in my garage. Everybody jumped on me like I had raped their wives. It was a taboo topic on there, I guess.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After rereading the original post in this thread and having sold A BUNCH of stuff online over the years, MY OPINION is that the seller was completely justified. Personally, I refuse to trade on anything, because everyone I’ve ever tried to deal with has wanted full retail for their stuff and valued mine at wholesale or less.
IN MY OPINION, an offer of any kind is just that, and at that point, it’s the seller’s prerogative as to what they want to do. :anyone:
If I was the seller after this sh*tshow of a thread, I’d be adding some people to my ignore list.🤣

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How are there 7 pages about this?

1) Interested "buyer" sends offer of a trade.

2) Seller says "send me pics" (It was evidently a Frankenstein AR so that makes complete sense; that's the only way seller would be able to really see what was being offered).

3) Interested "buyer" then goes on about life without responding with pics for seller to even see.

4) Seller gets other offer(s) and accepts one (which means those interested "buyers" are engaging with seller) and has no idea if Frankenstein owner is even still interested since there has been no activity.

5) Frankenstein owner is now mad that the world didn't stop so he could get around to sending pics?

How embarrassing to make a post about this like you're entitled for sellers to wait around on you...

Next time do this:

PM seller with:

I am interested in your ______. I have this to trade (Attach pictures of whatever it is that you want to trade along with a good description). Then you give your cell and ask to have them text if interested. If they are, it's a quick decision and done.
Ok, now your just trying to make common sense.🤭

lilcountry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A member posted a Hellcat on here around noon today. I sent him a PM on a trade offer and went about running some errands, plus yard work. About six hours later I checked for a response to find a request for picture of my trade offer gun. I sent those and got a reply of " I'm making another deal if that doesn't happen, I'll message you. Am I being too unreasonable thinking that I made first offer and should have been given first chance? Or was he too impatience? Is there a standard reply time limit ?
If the other offer was better than yours, I don't think it matters that you replied first.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A member posted a Hellcat on here around noon today. I sent him a PM on a trade offer and went about running some errands, plus yard work. About six hours later I checked for a response to find a request for picture of my trade offer gun. I sent those and got a reply of " I'm making another deal if that doesn't happen, I'll message you. Am I being too unreasonable thinking that I made first offer and should have been given first chance? Or was he too impatience? Is there a standard reply time limit ?
Seller can sell to whomever, he could have received a pm offer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom