Car dealership recommendation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Joe Cooper Ford experience in Yukon...............nothing short of a nightmare. especially post purchase.

Diffee in El Reno -- nice folks and gave originally the best trade-in pricing for a car.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a great experience with a Bob Moore Ford, and would highly recommend them. I'd say to stay away from Bob Howard Ford, but they sucked so hard they went out of business.

Brother just bought a new fusion from Bob Moore Ford and they were awesome. I just bought a new WRX from Bob Moore Subie. It was awesome. I am a BMAG fan.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Joe Cooper in MWC treated my dad well when he bought his 07 F150, and they were good when my wife got her 13 Explorer. I wasn't part of the deal on that one, it was her grandma's gift, but she said it was smooth with no BS. I take my truck to their service dept. for oil changes and they always give it a good look over. The service manager is a good guy too. He passed along a non-standard military discount and waived a few fees on some work that I had done there. It basically brought the cost down to private shop cost levels. He said that they normally don't offer the discount and to make sure he's in if I ever come in for work again so he can tack it on. I guess there's some manager discretion wiggle room built into their price scheme.
The used lot is another story. We went in looking for an Expedition under pretty specific terms, cost and all. They had one that sounded good (mileage, year, etc) but was beat all to hell. The interior was completely destroyed. the paint was 'fixed' and looked like it was done with water colors. The paint that wasn't repaired was in terrible shape and there was a very distinct funk coming from the truck. One look and my wife and I said "sorry, not interested." We then got a high pressure push to at least drive it and see how great it is. He pitched the BS lines of "we can repaint it, we were going to replace the whole interior anyway, it just needs a wash and it'll look great" as soon as we started looking it over. After being told No by me once or twice and by my wife 3 or 4 times, my wife finally said "there's no way in hell I'll step into that truck. I almost need a shower after looking in the door." We were brought inside to wait for another to be brought around when the manager sat down and tried to find out what was wrong with the truck. When he asked, my wife asked him if he'd seen it. He said yes and that he thought it was nice, but needed a wash. That was when she stood up and said "If you think that's a nice truck, we have no interest buying here." He tried to backpedal and cover his tracks and she interrupted him with "Sorry, not interested. If you're going to try to push that on us, we're done."
The original salesman and the manager were both typical used car salesmen and the experience was very stereotypical.
I have not seen that crap spill over to their new car floor, but I don't have a lot direct experience with them. I know they treated my dad and wife well, as well as one of my dad's friends.

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Roberts Chevrolet and Roberts Dodge in Pryor, and i think they are part of a dealership in Tulsa under a different name. Making a deal on the truck was easy, the bad part is when they turn you over to the financial "team". These guys just won't take no for an answer, and when they finally do, they get mad about it and act like you're taking food out of their kids mouth.The guy actually told me that he was working for nothing if i didn't buy some kind of extra from him. I've bought two trucks from them, but never again. It was just a really unpleasant experience. I told him from the start that i didn't want any kind of extended warranty or any extras, they just keep on, i was ready to walk out a couple of times. I liked the truck,and i think i got as good of a deal as i could have got anywhere, but when i left i just had a bad feeling about the whole deal. I know you guys are going to say, i should have walked and in looking back, i think so to.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a Ford , go to Diffie in El Reno. Bought a '12 Super Duty there at the end of May. Great deal, good value on trade, and no "my manager" BS. Ask for a guy named named Greg in the truck lot. They had a BUNCH of trucks.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm, can you give any more info? As we are looking at a car at Joe Cooper right now..
Thanks

OK. My reputation is about to take a nose-dive right now. Hopefully, I can redeem myself later.

I used to be a car salesman, including selling used cars. I worked at that job for a total of about 3 or 4 months and I learned a lot about the car sales nonsense and financing games. I also learned that car salesmen have a tendency to move from dealership to dealership.

Now, having said that, NONE of that is done at Diffee Ford in El Reno. Even if you are looking at a vehicle at Cooper's in Yukon, I highly suggest you look at similar cars at Diffee before buying anything. In the 15 years that we have been dealing with them, there are absolutely no games either on the sales floor or in the finance office. They make offers and you have the option to negotiate. If you wish to leave, there is no hassle. Also, many of their salesmen have been there for many of those 15 years, so that alone says a lot about the way that Diffee does business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom