Car Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Zone used to be able to check it and give a CCA number in the process , but the one near me now only is able to test and tell if it has a pass or fail.

My old yellow battery from them started life with 900+ CCA then at year 7 it was down in the 475 CCA range.. fine for me as it was in my geo metro now instead of my Ford E150.
But at year 9 it took a dump and NO cranking and will not take a charge. Got the life from that one.

There are other places that will check the battery and the starter.

Viper16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Similar experience with the one click and nothing...but I can usually see it with headlights or even the cabin lights dimming, ended up being the battery.

I am lucky to get 5-6 years on a middle of the price range battery. the summer heat really kills them IMO.

acope

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a similar issue on a Chevy Caprice. Battery tested good, starter tested good. Ended up that the battery cable had corroded inside the molded rubber around the connector. Only found it on the 15th time of unhooking and rebooking and it fell off in my hand.

Just a possibility.

Allen

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is your fix:
www.2carpros.com_forum_automotive_pictures_89255_battery_brush_1.jpg

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I replaced the obviously corroded positive connector but didn't the negative side. I'll do that today and check the other things listed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom