Car/tow Dolly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone got one they'd let me borrow or rent cheep for a few days beginning of October? Or trade for the use....
I looked and renting a uhaul one but they want a freaking arm and a leg! It's almost cheeper to buy one them rent one through them!

ls3mach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've rented their car haulers a few times. It is like $120. There dolly is cheaper but I haven't been able to use one due to ground clearance. I've been looking to buy one myself though as pulling my 5th wheel out to haul my 2-seater is such a hassle.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya they want $55 a day for the car hauler if I bring it back here to BA. It's $550 for one day if I drop it off somewhere else!!!!
The dolly is $45 a day and $375 one day of I drop it off elsewhere. I only need it for one day if I drop it off, but will be 6 days before I come back.

bmxr4life87

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Penske rents tow dollies and auto transports but uhaul will beat their price. Price for one way equipment is based on equipment density. Have them check prices in surrounding areas and also destinations on your way back.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not run it back up to BA after dropping off your cargo? That's how I've always moved, return the uhaul to the same place I hired it from. Surely the petrol bill won't run upwards of $550

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I was going straight there then back I would.
I'm gonna haul my pathfinder down to the boarder then drive it accross to the ranch where it'll stay. I'd leave the dolly at my buddies house who lives right there on the boarder. If I was coming right back it'd be fine but I'll spend the week down there hunting have to pay $45 a day the whole time.
I'd just drive the Pathy but I just got done building it and its really not proven out yet. Not sure if it can handle a 750 mile trip at Texas speeds. Plus it's black tagged and I don't want to put insurance on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom