Tips to save a dollar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
15 weeks in the year and maxed out the 7k roth limit? Chick-Fil-A must be paying more than when I was there. Dang.
He works crazy long hours; usually 2:00 to 10:30 except for Wednesday and open to close on Saturday. Getting paid overtime while in high school is probably not helping his grades, but it sure keeps him out of trouble :thumbup3:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He works crazy long hours; usually 2:00 to 10:30 except for Wednesday and open to close on Saturday. Getting paid overtime while in high school is probably not helping his grades, but it sure keeps him out of trouble :thumbup3:
Yep. Unlike your son, I was an angry, rebellious, angry (did I mention ANGRY 😡 😡 😡) child -- I am not exaggerating when I say I spent my evenings (AFTER doing chores -- whatever my mom wanted to add on to the usual stuff listed after this), making sure my brothers and sisters -- all 6 of them -- did their homework, took their baths, and had everything ready for a school tomorrow, making and feeding them dinner, cleaning up the kitchen, making sure all the critters were fed, watered and where they belonged for the night and FINALLY my homework was done, reading the classifieds for apartments for rent. God I wanted out of that house SO bad.

I can only imagine the trouble I would have gotten into if I hadn't felt responsible for my brothers and sisters. And had those 2 part-time jobs when I was a junior and senior in high school. I didn't have time to get into trouble -- no matter what my parents thought about me. 🙄

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they still have the good free food benefits? That saves a bunch too. When I was there it was "one chicken item but unlimited anything else on the menu" and I sweater gawd I still carry the cheesecake with blueberry toppings with me to this day.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NO MORE GUNS! There, saved y'all a bundle.
HERETIC!
26b6b80808cd3c3895dc4c7cb767f097-1379357698.jpg

snubinmypocket

Marksman
Reaction score
Here's a tip. Don't browse the classifieds section.
Best advice here. Lots of ways to spend money we don’t have on things we don’t need. A lot of guns, watches, and other gear being purchased on credit. If you read the forums no one on OSA has any student loan, credit card, or other debt. Right…….

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best advice here. Lots of ways to spend money we don’t have on things we don’t need. A lot of guns, watches, and other gear being purchased on credit. If you read the forums no one on OSA has any student loan, credit card, or other debt. Right…….
Well some of that (no debt) might be because we are SO OLD ... 🤷

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if it has been said but while many people spend hundreds of hours finding ways to save $200 a year few spend half that much time trying to make $20,000 a year more. Making more is awesome as long as you don’t just spend more.
The not spending it is the hard part. When I worked at Tax a co-worker came around the corner into my cubicle just in time to hear me telling payroll to roll the amount of our new raise into my retirement account. When I got off the phone she asked me why, as a single mom, did I think it was a good idea to do that. I told her that we had gotten along just fine without that money before, so we'd be fine without it now. She never did see the light. Yeah, she decided to use the amount of that raise to "treat" herself each month. I think she got dinner out and her nails done. I swear. 🤷🤷 Amazing how people think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom