Carpet removal aluminum deck pontoon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Generac gasoline power washer you can borrow.

View attachment 468450
NOPE!

It is always cheaper for me to just go buy a tool rather than borrow one.
I have a power washer and there is a car wash down the street and I have a high HP Honda engine I can spend 250 on and have a 4000-4500 psi pump.

That would cut tires off a rim I would bet

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NOPE!

It is always cheaper for me to just go buy a tool rather than borrow one.
I have a power washer and there is a car wash down the street and I have a high HP Honda engine I can spend 250 on and have a 4000-4500 psi pump.

That would cut tires off a rim I would bet

I use my gas powered pressure washer a lot. End of last summer I used it to blow all the dirt away and below the ground on about a 100 small stumps from 3” to 8” out of a fence line I took down. Power wash them, they are clean and when dried they don’t **** the chain saw chain up at all.

It was a hell of a lot faster than a shovel and when dried they were clean to cut below the ground.

It’s a Honda and supposedly 3500 psi. I would like to try a 4500 to 5000 one someday!

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use my gas powered pressure washer a lot. End of last summer I used it to blow all the dirt away and below the ground on about a 100 small stumps from 3” to 8” out of a fence line I took down. Power wash them, they are clean and when dried they don’t **** the chain saw chain up at all.

It was a hell of a lot faster than a shovel and when dried they were clean to cut below the ground.

It’s a Honda and supposedly 3500 psi. I would like to try a 4500 to 5000 one someday!
I wonder what psi would start to gouge aluminum.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder what psi would start to gouge aluminum.

That be a scary high psi I imagine. I have never seen a power washer over my 3500 but have heard they get dangerous at 4000 psi!

I looked at mine again and it’s only a 3300 psi. After I bought my last one I found out that the GPM matters a lot on them. I would like to run a big powerful one.

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That be a scary high psi I imagine. I have never seen a power washer over my 3500 but have heard they get dangerous at 4000 psi!

I looked at mine again and it’s only a 3100psi. After I bought my last one I found out that the GPM matters a lot on them. I would like to run a big powerful one.
I just have a cheap electric one and it stripped a lot of the paint off of my old Ford. That's not saying much though. I'm just wary of using them now since I've scored deck boards and stripped paint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom