Carry Flashlight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maratac AAA. LED, 3 light levels, pockets size, long battery life. Proven by me. Great little light for the money. Also available in the AA version.

After looking at the YouTube reviews I want one! But they're hard to find. My old standby retail go-to, Amazon, doesn't even know what Maratac is.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.shiningbeam.com great inexpensive lights I have a few of the rominsen RC-C3 II models and they are great users. still one the first batteries in each one and they are close to 9 months in service.

I also have the Maratac AAA and AA models. I love them too. carry the AAA as a back back up in my pocket at work. I actually use it alot.

J-leblanc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Fenix LD20. Best 60 bucks ever. It's perfect. Super bright. Waterproof. And it takes AA. So batteries are super cheap. When you can throw batteries in it for a dollar, how can you beat it. Great light

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a Streamlight stylus pro ( retail is about $20) in my left hand shirt pocket next to my pen for work; LED; 2 AAA batteries; momentary switch or on; last a long time; It is a little shorter and a little bigger in diameter than a ink pen -- very bright; this is a great light for me when I forget my main light a Streamlight Polystinger LED -- mega light; have been very satisfied with the stylus pro and the polystinger LED.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not just trying to sell lights here, But the EDi lights I have done the group buy on are brighter than any surefire or fenix I have ever had. (granted I have not had them all) Anyways they are rechargeable so batteries are not a big deal since they will last you a couple of years at least. And the T16 is also waterproof I threw one in the sink for over 2 minutes just to see.

you can see the group buy thread here.

http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?116740-(NEW)-EDI-Weaponlight-group-buy-Tailcap-switch-model

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a Surefire guy for many years, but the last two torches I've bought have been by Streamlight...the PT2L and the Polytac LED. They are both superb and around the 50 dollar mark.

As for your comment about the batts being expensive, you can buy 'em by the dozen for less than 25 bucks.

You pay about $12 more than I do. :) Titanium Innovations makes a fantastic CR123 cell. Only difference is that it has slightly less capacity (1400 mAh, I think that Surefires have something like 1500-1550 mAh). Now, I believe they're made in China (Surefires are manufactured in the US), but it's one of the few items that's actually a quality Chinese product.

The extra $12 isn't worth the made in the USA status of the Surefires. They already get plenty on my tax dollars through government contracts. ;)

Here are two independent tests of the Titanium Innovations against other CR123 cells: One and two.

chhcope

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you guys ever heard of NEBO Lights. I bought one of their lights, the Redline, it's compact, bright, has some great features, and I loved mine so much I became a dealer. I'm not necessarily trying to sell the lights, but i certainly can if someone wants one! Check them out. They have lots of cool stuff on their website.

http://nebotools.com/prod_details.php?id=83&cid=16

It's $35 from their sight, but they can be had for less than that. Just ask me.. haha.

In a nut shell, 220 lumens is a lot, and the ability to scale that power down to 50% or 10% saves on battery when you don't need the brightness. Strobe feature and S.O.S. Signaling is one of those things that would be really nice to have once you need it. Magnetic base, adjustable flood-spot, and it uses AAA batteries. cheap! Worth looking at that's for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom