Carrying in a Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angler2312

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry when I travel in my truck. I was trying to figure out the best way to carry in my truck. I would like sone opinions on where and how they carry in a vehicle. Currently I just place my gun/holstered on the passenger seat. I am just wondering what the most effective and safe way is to carry.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry when I travel in my truck. I was trying to figure out the best way to carry in my truck. I would like sone opinions on where and how they carry in a vehicle. Currently I just place my gun/holstered on the passenger seat. I am just wondering what the most effective and safe way is to carry.
On your person if you get in an accident no telling where it will end up if it’s in the passenger seat and you might need it and not be able to get it picked up and out of the holster in time

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun on my person, and a gun in the center console. Its a real task to draw a pistol with a seatbelt on, center console gun can be grabbed a lot faster.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up going with a center console driver side magnet mount, basically it keeps it in the space between driver leg and center console like sticking it between the seats but much more secure. Have been rear ended pretty hard while running my full-size in it and gun stayed exactly where i had put it. It’s also quick and easy to access. https://a.co/d/8dYNWcC
I did end up dremelling down the trigger guard on the front side so it didn’t activate my WML when I’m running one

Sig365CCW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
If you don’t have a big gut, appendix carry is easily reachable. If your shirt tail is out just pull it out of the seatbelt when you buckle up. It becomes habit after a while. If you wear a jacket a snub in the pocket is pretty handy.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a leather Coronado vest with inside conceal pockets either side. I leave a 45 in one side and extra mags in the other. I grab this vest when leaving the house a lot. It's always ready to go to grab when headed out the door. It's especially nice in the vehicle because It's like a shoulder holster without having to strap on a holster.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In town or running errands l generally carry in an outside waistband pancake holster but on long trips a shoulder holster is comfortable. I don't wear a seat belt because most of the time it rubs on my pacemaker defibrillator and is irritating as hell

Latest posts

Top Bottom