Cashless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I beg to differ on the negligible! The one food truck I dealt with on cashless changed their tune fast! Only took them a day to realize they made a mistake. They are now accepting green and are happy to do so.

Voting with your money is the strongest thing to do.

Does your wife have to dust the furniture when you fart?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, they've been known to take pictures of people's credit cards.

Nothing is fool proof, but most sporting events I've been to lately don't take cash. Probably the last 6-8 PGA events were cashless. The Paycom center is cashless. Lots of places are cashless for exactly the reason you state. If I was in charge I wouldn't want my employees handling cash if they were pulling beer at a stand with no good way to inventory the stock. 8 bucks goes in the till, 8 bucks goes in their pocket and so on and so forth. It's temp employees, it's hard to get people with above average morals to take those jobs.

The last 4-5 years I was in charge of all the beverages & alcohol for Mayfest. We went cashless and the margins rose significantly. It was just too much having a $1500+ bank at 6 points of sale. Plus, like you said, all workers were volunteers. Even though this was a non-profit, missing cash was an issue.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They may have their work boots on but are they paying the appropriate taxes for getting paid in cash? All should pay what is owed and I bet they don’t if getting greenbacks for work.

You think the folks selling firearms in the classifieds on this site for a profit are reporting that profit on their taxes as income?

Honest question.

Don't get your knickers in a twist about people not paying all their taxes when some of your best buddies don't pay all of theirs either.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You think the folks selling firearms in the classifieds on this site for a profit are reporting that profit on their taxes as income?

Honest question.

Don't get your knickers in a twist about people not paying all their taxes when some of your best buddies don't pay all of theirs either.
It's un-American to willingly submit to taxes.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last 4-5 years I was in charge of all the beverages & alcohol for Mayfest. We went cashless and the margins rose significantly. It was just too much having a $1500+ bank at 6 points of sale. Plus, like you said, all workers were volunteers. Even though this was a non-profit, missing cash was an issue.

Best option available as far as I can tell.

It will stop the theft of revenue, but it won't stop theft of inventory, either not paying for their own goods, and giving it away to friends & family. I worked & was in charge of concessions for the QB & Tip In clubs when the boy was playing HS sports. Loss of inventory (shrink) was an issue.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree 100%, so if me and my buddies are cheating on ours, I'm sure not gonna get my balls fuzzed up over the next guy not paying his.

Live & let live. Or cheat and let cheat, as the case may be.
Look back at our glorious history of of taxation, payroll deduction and the increases in theft from your own paycheck.

The government loves "cashless" because they can steal from you before you ever see what they get.

Of course some folks love the government and don't mind sharing their earnings. I would not be among that group.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So Guthrie Green here in Tulsa has a food truck event every Wednesday in the summer. I'll bet half of them are cashless. Somewhat difficult for a food truck to bring a $1000+ bank every day for change. Granted if I were doing it, I'd take cash all day long.... BUT.... y'all are acting like business are failing because of this and it's not so. Here in Tulsa anyways.
They are failing because the grumpy and loud cashless haters are yelling at their store front scaring all of their patrons away... :)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are failing because the grumpy and loud cashless haters are yelling at their store front scaring all of their patrons away... :)
1711115768935.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom