Charleston Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As has been said by others, that twisted, cowardly little turd named Roof could have never imagined that his heinous crime--far from igniting the race war he wanted to see--has set off a debate on race which has already seen the removal of the Confederate flag from government buildings across the South. Unintended consequences, indeed.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oddly enough no one seems to note that, while we cannot rule out individual madmen, the city of Charleston, the State of South Carolina, the Federal government, and the individual citizens of Charleston completely supported the victims and a quick, effective response to bring this person to justice. Instead, the fact that one person can be evil has one side attempting to ban political symbols, effectively erase parts of history, truncate Second Amendment rights for folks having nothing to do with this crime (or any other crime for that matter) and claim that things are (nearly) as bad now as 50-100 years ago regarding injustice based upon race. It makes no sense to me and I would hope that right minded people could see right through the nonsense.

However, I am not hopeful.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The flag in question was raised in the early 1960's as part of a reactionary effort to spur opposition to the (coming) end of segregation. Seeing it as a battle flag of the Confederacy is one thing; but seeing it as the defacto battle flag of the racist South is quite another.

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder why they really want to ban guns... I mean, tobacco kills how many people every year in the US alone?

LOL @ them just wanting to keep us safer. Complete and utter BS... On another note, the media using the actions of a crazed lunatic as an example of racism in this country seems awfully suspicious and desperate.

The entire "story" comes from the same playbook as the Sandy Hook and the Boston events.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quit feeding the troll. Just ignore the troll.

One member has always had a differing opinion. He feeds off the argument, he enjoys it. Hell, he may even post the crap he does just bait another argument. Just ignore the troll and it will eventually move on.

It is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, both get muddy, but the pig enjoys it.

Stop feeding the troll.

Exactly !!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How Many readers, Carry in Church?

I am a Methodist and just for the first time, read the Methodist book of Resolutions - Resolution #3426 (gun violence) last adopted in 2008. It states that all Methodist Church's in the World, are gun free zones. It also has many statements that I was not aware of, and as a Methodist I for sure don't agree with. There has never been a discussion in our local church about Self Defense license holders carrying in Church. I know that several members are licensed to carry. What is your Church policy on carrying while on Church property.

I could give a **** what my church's official policy is, if we are in church there are 2 more guns there than were before we pulled up in the parking lot. That's my stance on carrying on church property. Or any property for that matter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom