CHARLOTTESVILLE — A chaotic and violent day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Freedom of speech indeed. Hateful speech, marching with flags etc...we have to suck it up even if we don't agree with it.

I'm just slightly amused that many espousing that sentiment now have been animatedly opposed to flag burning and called for that to be stifled and even outlawed.

Even more amused to see someone in a liberal group I monitor saying that the author of a pro Trump cartoon should "not be allowed to publish his work".

Both sides on the issue have folks who can't grasp the concept that free speech doesn't include freedom from speech you find offensive.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the groups that are upset Trump didn't fly off the handle and decry the protesters immediately. Remember when Obama didn't wait for facts and got the nation riled up over a police incident in Missouri? Both sides were violent in VA but you can't call out the BLM group or the counter-protesters since they were on the "right" side. Both sides became violent and ended up on the "wrong" side. Now to see if they can focus on moving forward instead of continually blaming Trump or people who voted on him.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But,...But,....we got rid of the Racist Hateful flag that was causing all the problems after the Charleston church shooting. Are you telling me there's yet another Racist Hateful flag out there killing people?

Well, by all means, we must ban that flag ASAP, before it kills again...

we didn't get rid of the flag you're talking about. Just see the Mississippi state flag for evidence. And besides, we know that flags, like guns, don't kill people. But the ideas they represent do influence the actions of those that follow those trains of though.

And who is talking about banning anything? As long as the government doesn't stop them from exercising their right to free speech, good. But that doesn't mean they are free from ridicule for their stupid, racist ideas.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course it has a history that goes back farther than ol' Adolf (let's be honest, he wasn't that creative). But this not a Native American Swastika being flown, it's straight up Nazi.

www.placead.tampabay.com_resources_images_blogs_photo_rendered_2017_08_nazirally081217_8col.jpg

Really? I would have never known.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What political party would they represent for my personal knowledge?

The new Stalinist Party? Pol Potters? Ho Chi Minions? Mao Zedongers?

The name doesn't really matter, but they aren't liberals. They're leftist anarchists and they never should've been allowed to fester and grow. The complete hands off approach they've been granted over the past decade or so has resulted in a counter-resurgence in fascist neo-nazis. So now we have a full on culture war. Isn't that just peachy. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The new Stalinist Party? Pol Potters? Ho Chi Minions? Mao Zedongers?

The name doesn't really matter, but they aren't liberals. They're leftist anarchists and they never should've been allowed to fester and grow. The complete hands off approach they've been granted over the past decade or so has resulted in a counter-resurgence in fascist neo-nazis. So now we have a full on culture war. Isn't that just peachy. :(
That's the answer I was looking for. Lots of deniers in this thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom