Checking in from Hades, day 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really see that MC will be able to negotiate pricing on generics but there will be concessions made. If all of the research and trials on a brand name cost a lot, the companies will not negotiate them. And while those meds can be made abroad for cheaper, there is no industry standard on how they are made. That's all FDA in the US.
Not sure if you're a fan of Joe Rogan, but one of his last podcasts with Brigham Buehler, talks a lot about big pharma and the fda. Crazy stuff

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you try using GoodRx? what prescriptions did they try to put you on?
https://www.goodrx.com/

GoodRX is on our profile at our pharmacy as well as our "regular" prescription plan. We've had them switch to GoodRX when our "regular" denied our claim once over a clerical error. In my case, the prescription was for Plaxovid. I don't remember the wife's prescription.

Our friend from church did get us each a dosage of Ivermectin last night, so we will see how it goes.

I hope so. I’m not on Medicare yet but as I understand it, a person on Medicare can’t use GoodRX or other prescription savings programs because of the anti-collusion laws. I have been screwed by the strategic patenting BS that Astra Zeneca did with Farxiga. A generic is available everywhere but the US. A 30 day supply of Farxiga in the US is $500 plus; a 90 day supply of the generic elsewhere in the world is $150. I said “screw that doc, let’s do something else”.

We had never heard of GoodRX until sometime in 2014 when we were in Colorado for 20 months. A nurse-practicioner there had referred us to them and I was definitely on Medicare. Same with the mention above of having the pharmacy use GoodRX for that one prescription. So, I'd say Medicare may not be as you described.

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GoodRX is on our profile at our pharmacy as well as our "regular" prescription plan. We've had them switch to GoodRX when our "regular" denied our claim once over a clerical error.

We had never heard of GoodRX until sometime in 2014 when we were in Colorado for 20 months. A nurse-practicioner there had referred us to them and I was definitely on Medicare. Same with the mention above of having the pharmacy use GoodRX for that one prescription. So, I'd say Medicare may not be as you described.
From the GoodRX website when selecting a prescription. See last bullet item you are agreeing to.
IMG_2940.png

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GoodRX is on our profile at our pharmacy as well as our "regular" prescription plan. We've had them switch to GoodRX when our "regular" denied our claim once over a clerical error. In my case, the prescription was for Plaxovid. I don't remember the wife's prescription.

Our friend from church did get us each a dosage of Ivermectin last night, so we will see how it goes.

When I had covid the teledoc prescribed paxlovid, it didn't really help, just left a metal taste. My primary Dr put me on prednisone and a zpac. He said he didn't care for paxlovid.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I had covid the teledoc prescribed paxlovid, it didn't really help, just left a metal taste. My primary Dr put me on prednisone and a zpac. He said he didn't care for paxlovid.

It seems that ALL steroids (first experience was with Prednisone) creates a real issue with me. They have been mostly taken in the past to fight pretty bad rashes due to eczema, which causes a lot of itching. The steroids do tend to get rid of the rashes on my chest, but then it makes me be red as a beet all over and itch all over, so the cure is almost at bad as the original cause.

Our first Covid experience was fixed with the Monoclonal Antibody Infusion treatment and the second was fixed with the Paxlovid. Now we'll see what Ivermectin does for me. So far, so good. I was told that if I took the Paxlovid that I needed to stop taking statins during the treatment, although, that didn't seem to be a problem in 2022 when I used it then.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get the paste on Amazon. it is a syringe with a weight gage on the plunger, so you squeeze out the dose based on that.
Its something like 92 micrograms per pound of body weight. So for me its about 21,100 micrograms.
My tractor supply has in on the shelf. Most farm and ranch stores do also. Be sure to get the plain, not with any other additives or drugs, Gold, Plus etc.. Yep, FDA monitored mixes in the tubes for million dollar race horses. All pastes are marked off for 50lb increments. If you are leary of dosage size, go to FLCCC website and you will see you can calculate up, down, sideways, what ever. Human dosage is same as horse weight dosage for your weight. Follow their basic instructions used at saving thousands if not millions of lives while the CDC was outlawing it even though it has lesser negative side effect than aspirin. The other drugs they list might help some, but Ivermectin and zinc are the primary ones. Yep all that rational good stuff about Ivermection was scrubbed from the internet as much as they could and replaced with now disproven BS that were flat out lies and fear factor genorators because they knew it worked against Covid but the industry could not make any money off of it. I would be sure to add extra zinc pills with it. After 6mo of suffering from long haul covid symptoms caused by the first Physer shot, I had major relief within 24hrs. Saved my life. Like Dr. Fauchi who financed and oversaw development of the Covid-19 design said, no one was forced to take the shot, right? Good luck to you.

User_3155

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well crap. Have had a nagging cough since week 2 November after a sinus infection. Sore throat yesterday and cough really came back. This morning about 10 I got cold and couldn't get enough warm. 100.3 temp all afternoon and still now, killer headache, chills, burning up, my hair hurts. We had an at home covid test and it was positive for whatever that's worth. So, stuck in the spare bedroom for tonight.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just an update on our latest Covid bout. We got the dosage of Ivermectin last Friday evening and was feeling like we didn't have any Covid after about the 24 hour period. Wednesday evening was 5 days from the initial tests and turned out to be negative for Covid.

So, add me to the group saying that Ivermectin seems to work pretty well. If one is planning on going that route, be sure and get the right formula of Ivermectin and water. At least, that is how our dosage came.

Latest posts

Top Bottom