Chinese chef bitten in the hand by the chopped off head of a cobra, chef dies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody going to SE New Mexico, Mojave rattllesnake almost as deadly as a cobra:

http://www.currentargus.com/carlsbad-news/ci_26389697/snake-sightings-rise-including-more-venomous-mojave-rattler
Snake sightings on the rise, including more venomous Mojave rattler
By Zack Ponce
Posted: 08/22/2014 06:25:15 PM MDT

....."Hutchins described the snake's venom as a "whole cocktail" and warned that if bitten, the nearest hospital should be alerted as the victim is en route because doctors must use different anti-venom for Mojave rattler bites than for other rattlesnakes.".....

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I would have to be darn hungry to eat a cobra. All of the things in the world to eat and these people want to eat a cobra?

IMHO, the definition of "delicacy" is some type of food(?) for people with toooooooooooooooooo much money or toooooooooooooooooo little commone sense. Of course, somtimes their folk lore, customs, traditions, etc. come into play, but I leave those at the door and let common sense prevail. Coming from beef country, I have yet even developed a taste for lamb, let alone cobra, sushi(of any kind), lion fish, bird's nest soup, Haggis, etc. One of the possible exceptions is Korean Kimchi(vegetable not animal), which I do like and have eaten racoon, possum, (which I will not recommend).

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I would have to be darn hungry to eat a cobra. All of the things in the world to eat and these people want to eat a cobra?

IMHO, the definition of "delicacy" is some type of food(?) for people with toooooooooooooooooo much money and/or toooooooooooooooooo little commone sense. Of course, somtimes their folk lore, customs, traditions, etc. come into play, but I leave those at the door and let common sense prevail. Coming from beef country, I have yet even developed a taste for lamb, let alone cobra, sushi(of any kind), lion fish, bird's nest soup, Haggis, etc. One of the possible exceptions is Korean Kimchi(vegetable not animal), which I do like. I have also eaten racoon, opossum, (which I will not recommend). The jury is still out(way out) on my trying rattlesnake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom