CMP Games Oklahoma 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh. I learned a lot about my rifle. I shot pretty well in the M16 match. Service Rifle would have gone much better if I'd had better dope on elevation. I maxed out elevation at 600 and had to hold into the black to get some good hits, but not before burning through too many rounds to get there. My wind dope was on the money. I'm going to pick up a NM front sight post and carry handle, then hit the prone & Across The Course matches next month.

How'd you do?

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How'd you do?

Meh is about right.

The first day I shot a 257. Both my prones were lower than normal but my off-hand was good. If both my prones had been normal I'd have done really well (for me).

The second day I shot a 241. In slow prone thing would seem to settle down. Shot a great group in rapid. Unfortunately it was in the 8 and 7 ring at 12 o'clock.

This morning I shot a 238. It was cold, wet, and miserable. It was almost pooring during my rapid. The targets were so wet the repair centers stood out almost as well as the bull. This has me thinking I may experiment with a CoM hold instead of the 6 o'clock hold I normally use.

Still, I had fun but I was glad when this mornings match was over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom