College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IDK, it seems to be paying off, possibly sporadic, but... Did you see them utterly steamroll Alabama?

Yep, only to watch Wyoming give them fits the next week until the 4th quarter. The ironic thing is, the transfer portal is probably a big reason you don't see the depth at Bama any more.

The lack of money is going to have the same effect on attracting top coaches. I'm not talking coaching salary here, they can swing that. Lets get real, OU is the black hole of Oklahoma. They are going to keep sucking up the vast majority of the donor money in the state.

Do you believe OU is taking money from OSU alum? Surely not. There's some pretty big OSU alum pockets here in Tulsa.

If we ditch the NIL and transfer portal old school tradition would return and they might stand a chance, but we all know that ain't going to happen. We are actually real time watching the demise of college sports play out.

How so? Players getting paid? They always have been.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Just saw that today marks the 16 anniversary of Gundy’s famous, “I’m a Man” rant.
Happy 16th Maniversary!!
Best quote by a coach ever. 16 years is a long time. Must have struck a chord with you guys to have such fond memories of it.

Attachments

• Gundy.MP4
    8.8 MB

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1695431679668.png

BOOMER!!!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, I'd wager a small sum on this being a large part of why Stoops retired when he did.
I think the major reason he retired when he did was because his boys played in the 6A championship and he didn’t get to watch it because of his coaching responsibilities. He’s not the only coach who has left the game because he was missing out on his kids’ lives. The fact that he thought he had a worthy successor to keep the program going at a high level also played into it, but I think that high school playoff game was the precipitating event.

Latest posts

Top Bottom