Colorado House Bill 1224: Magazine Ban Worse Than Advertised

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man. Sure am going to miss going to CO.

Me too. I lived there for 5 years, and had plans to retire there. All we can hope at this point is that this pissed off enough people that there is a major change in the legislature and governor's mansion, and that they repeal this crap.

That or (and it's a longshot) someone sues in court and prevails.

JM44-40

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy in the video cited a Glock 19. The "19" gen three comes standard with two 15 round mags; the gen 4 comes standard with three 15 rounders, so it seems to me that if you only carried two or three mags, depending on which generation "19" you had, you could make the case that you were in possession of these mags before the effective date of their bill. Just my humble opinion.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't give up on Colo-ray-duh just yet. Lots of things going on and here's the first reaction:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22810927/weld-county-sheriff-refuses-enforce-some-gun-laws

You'll notice in the article that the Colorado Sheriff's Association - which testified strongly against the bill in committee - may very well begin the carnage by suing the state. Going to be fun in 2014 watching people try to run from their votes on this one......

There was a Denver Post poll asking about the general tenor of all the gun bills, and the 80% response (admittedly unscientific) is that the legislature way overreached itself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom