Complete Landscape Renovation....FINISHED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What grass is that in the 2nd pic?

I had to give up my Koi pond. The grey cranes were getting fat on them.

It's my "Concoction" Fescue.

Every time I over seed in the Spring/Fall I intentionally try to get a blend that's different from what I've used before...I figured that way I always have a mix that's hearty enough to get around disease. I bet there are literally 20 different types of Fescue/rye/Bluegrass and blends in my yard.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:rotflmao: Ha! Jason, Scott says to tell you he's gonna leave you some really nasty negative feedback if you ever post something like this again ... :rollingla

I dunno why he would say that ... :anyone: (BTW, good job!! )

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's my "Concoction" Fescue.

Every time I over seed in the Spring/Fall I intentionally try to get a blend that's different from what I've used before...I figured that way I always have a mix that's hearty enough to get around disease. I bet there are literally 20 different types of Fescue/rye/Bluegrass and blends in my yard.

Yep, exactly what I do. We have a mom and pop feed store in town that Carries about 7 varieties of fescue. I get a pound of each for overseeding in the fall. Thanks.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few things that work for me (I've had ponds for 15+ years):

1) Use a pump that can turn the pond's volume at least once every few hours (I have 2 waterfalls running)

2) Use a skimmer to keep top of water clear of film (I have a top skimmer and bottom drain.

3) My pond was formed with concrete - much better than liner.

4) All edges have a straight drop (no place for birds or predatory animals to stand)

5) If you do Koi, go at least 4' deep and don't waste time having plants in the water.

6) Use a UV system to keep the water clean.

Other than that, enjoy! We like ours and I have fish that are from my first pond still living. Lots of sound from the Waterfalls and my Kids love feeding the fish.

Good Luck!

Thanks!!! Beautiful place you have there. I showed my wife the pics and I think I'm in for some trouble now...

Latest posts

Top Bottom