I Think I Want A Guitar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get paralysis from analysis on projects like this so it may take me awhile to get this thing all put together because I might change my mind, again, on a few things. For now I have everything in my cart to get the Tele-Strat completed including these Fender vintage pickups.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08WG85F3T/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2O1A8NNN5Y1TU&psc=1

View attachment 468905
Great choice. You will get a great “Tele tone” with those.

I have a 2005 (?) Fender Deluxe Ash Tele (weighs over 10 pounds) with SCN pickups and Lace Sensors in the 1991 Tele Plus that Fender built for me when my daughter was born. Both eliminate any “hum” and I like the way they sound through any of my amps.

Lot of great PU choices. With that Tele body, you could also drop a humbucker in the neck. Again, lot of great options.

Love the Strat neck … Clapton used to play a Tele with a Strat neck. Very cool.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tell ya! This guitar thing might be as bad as a gun addiction.
Clinical name is “Guitar Acquisition Syndrome” or GAS.

What fuels this is your desire to dial in the “right” tone. You will see how one Strat or Tele will sound different from another Strat or Tele. Solid body guitars sound different from hollow body guitars.

Now if I had to limit myself, I would have one acoustic and a versatile electric like your semi hollow Tele with a humbucker or a Gibson ES335.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tell ya! This guitar thing might be as bad as a gun addiction.

Oh, most definitely. Especially when you do it Johnny Cash style. You know...one piece at a time. :rollingla

But seriously. You start with a guitar and amp (gun and holster) then you start buying strings, straps, cords and picks (ammo) then you start buying pedals (night sights) next thing you know, you'll be wanting cabinets and another amp to play in stereo (optics) then pretty soon, you'll be wanting another axe, so you can have it tuned for blues, or country or whatever. It's a never ending cycle.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clinical name is “Guitar Acquisition Syndrome” or GAS.

What fuels this is your desire to dial in the “right” tone. You will see how one Strat or Tele will sound different from another Strat or Tele. Solid body guitars sound different from hollow body guitars.

Now if I had to limit myself, I would have one acoustic and a versatile electric like your semi hollow Tele with a humbucker or a Gibson ES335.

Yup. Gibsons sound different than Fender, which sound different than Ibanez, which sound different than ESP, which sound different than... :blahblah:

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As an owner of many guitars i have to admit that Schecter, Esp, Gretsch are the best for the money. Quality and priced for the working man. Current new guitar is the ESP Hammet Flying V in Red metal flake.
You hit on something … where the guitars are made. Schecter and ESP make great guitars that are very well built and are a tremendous value. Most of their products are crafted in Korea (think some might be made in China). If they had a decal that said “Made In The USA” they would be +$1,000 more.

A few years ago, I stopped by the Lace Music booth at the Guitar Show in Dallas. Sat in and played some of their guitars (including a cigar box guitar … lot of fun) and they gave me a Lace Cybercaster. Really an amazing guitar. Great neck with superb fret work. Versatile with sweet tone … made in Indonesia. Had I not seen that, I would have guessed it was one of their custom guitars that Grover Jackson built for Lace.

I am a huge gun and guitar “snob”. With guns, I would not own a firearm made in Turkey. No doubt great guns … no way I would own one. With guitars, all my guitars were American made. This Indonesian made Cybercaster won me over with foreign made guitars.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, this is getting out of hand. :D

I turned an AR lower into a nice Squier Telecaster yesterday, and I picked up the Squier P-Bass for cheap this week also.

My cousin has played bass for about 50 years and is going to give me some lessons.

My plan is to use the pickups and controls from the Tele in the Thinline build and set it up for a slide guitar...maybe...there are so many options, then I will "upgrade" the electronics in the Tele, maybe.

20240504_092331.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom