Copper heads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is from last night.
Doubled the kill tonight
Using a small 22 pistol, flash light and just being careful.
These are all taken within 50 feet of my back door
Haven't figured out what's bringing them in.

Just thought I would share a creepy pic with you:lookaroun

night two

Last edited:

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I killed one in Norman about 10 days ago. Cleaning out the back-yard and found the guy.
Scared the heck out of me. It had a triangular head and had diagonal lines just like the picture above.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the other night I was in my backyard on the phone sitting in my yard chair and i was wearing flip flops and something keep touch my heal I thought it was my aunts cat because he has been known to do that nope it was stupid copperhead. I just slowing got up and walked away to get my shotgun because my wife said I couldnt pickup anymore venomous snakes after the cottonmouth debacle 6 weeks ago.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW!!! Fangs x 30 total??....I've never seen that together before outside a house. Do you have a lot of brushy areas, wood piles and mulchy areas around your house? Getting rid of them can be a literal "pain" but if you really want them out and easily, there's a product called "The Sentinel Electronic Snake Repeller" that sticks in the ground and causes vibrations that cause the snake to think it's a "danger" area and they'll leave. I know it sounds like something out of a movie and kind of gimmicky but I've read about it on various snakes sites and it's supposed to be very effective. The only downfall is the price, they are $140 a set (which is how many they recommend for a back yard) but it'll pay for itself by avoiding a single trip to the ER. http://www.stop-snakes.com/

I read about a young boy in Edmond the other day who was bitten by a copperhead, poor kid. Anywho, hope you get your snake problem solved painlessly, be careful!

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Killed this one last week, 30" long without the head and part of the tail. When I skinned it, I found 4 sacks with a fully formed baby copperheads inside.

IMGP3728.jpg

IMGP3733.jpg

The skin still needs a couple more coats of snake tan and it will be finished.

Latest posts

Top Bottom