Copper heads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow..thanks. Never heard of that.
On it like a duck on a bug.

Yeah this is my back and side yard.
Short Bermuda grass and no brush piles.

They be comin in from the woods and I am used to seeing them in the woods but this just is not cool.
All of them have been fairly close to my concrete side walks and garage parking apron.

Any body got any more 22 snake shot.
Am on my last 10 rounds.

Dicks sporting goods usually has some, but its kinda high priced. I guess its like everything else they carry then.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_08_26_e7e3azyh.jpg

Got this one about a month ago. Between the driveway and garden.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saturday morning I was moving a jonboat that had been setting in the same place for a month or so. Had a bad feeling, so picked up the front and moved it sideways. Small copperhead, coiled up where I would normally have stepped.

Plastic paddle blade vs copperhead. Burial at sea. Snake was maybe 16 inches long, but pretty skinny. I had been a little sleepy, haven gotten up at 5:00 to go fishing. Wide awake after that, and avoiding high grass. Bass were not very hungry. Landiwner had killed a large one a week before. They really seem to be on the move.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Snakes go where their food is. I think that copperheads live on larger bugs, mice, frogs, toads and the rare small bird. Don't know if you can discourage their food from hanging out nearby, but if you can, it might help.

This. My guess is you kill all the copperheads you'll begin killing rats and mice. The snakes are there because the food is. They don't eat (or even bother) people unless cornered.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its been about 4 years since I have seen a copperhead on my place and he was little. So far 3 black snakes and 4 blue racers this year is all I have seen. Cracks me up when the racers shake their tail at you like they are dangerous.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its been about 4 years since I have seen a copperhead on my place and he was little. So far 3 black snakes and 4 blue racers this year is all I have seen. Cracks me up when the racers shake their tail at you like they are dangerous.

When they are in dry leaves it sounds a whole lot like a rattlesnake, which is probably what nature intended. They can make you jump.

My mom was a champion snake killer. Used a hoe, which somehow I still have, and cut their heads off with a ninja like move that I have never quite been able to duplicate. Not that she couldn't shoot. She was a deadly shot with anything she picked up. But, the Depression mentality said shells cost, and I have the hoe right here.

I have been an orphan for many years. If you still have your parents, cherish them.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When they are in dry leaves it sounds a whole lot like a rattlesnake, which is probably what nature intended. They can make you jump.

My mom was a champion snake killer. Used a hoe, which somehow I still have, and cut their heads off with a ninja like move that I have never quite been able to duplicate. Not that she couldn't shoot. She was a deadly shot with anything she picked up. But, the Depression mentality said shells cost, and I have the hoe right here.

I have been an orphan for many years. If you still have your parents, cherish them.
Yeah I know why they do it and if it takes you by surprise it would scare you. I did a back flip in my yard the other day thinking I was in the danger zone of a rattler, turns out the cicada took offense to being eaten by my dog.

Latest posts

Top Bottom