coyote decoy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
anyone use decoy with there electric caller. If so what decoy (coyote,rabbit).I wanted to add something to bring them in.

Several of us on this forum went to the predator seminars put on by okhunter.
One of the first things he said was that decoys are to be used for bobcat, but NEVER for coyote.
Probably the reason I can get bobcats to come in and never a coyote.

Proper calling at the right time of the year is the trick that I learned.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used decoys enough to know that I don't want to carry them around and mess with them most of the time. I can remember one coyote running up to it and then running off and one that stood out about 150 yrds and just sat down and watched it for several minutes till I shot him where he sat. You can really get a lot of junk to carry around and it has not been worth it to me. I have 3 different ones sitting in my cabinet now.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the time for cats I just hang a feather on a fence or small tree to get thier attention off me, I almost had a yote carry away a stuffed teddy bear! I don't know who was more surprised me or him but he picked it up and ran about 20 feet then I guess he figured this was no rabbit so he dropped it and I missed him! yep I was laughing pretty hard at the time.

I think most companies try to sell stuff that a person just doesn't need! Like imhntn said you can get to a point that you have too much crap to carry. Later,

Kirk

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very simple decoy if you have a fence or tree limb. Take a turkey feather and a thread....easy to carry and works well. A small breeze catches your eye. All you need.....

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for input. I have heard alot of people use a turkey feather on a arrow shaft stuck into the ground. Im going to try it tommorow, let you know how it works

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can try the feather but on a coyote I don't think you need it. If you use a decoy on coyotes it will sooner or later cost you a shot, so for me I don't use one any more. Bobcats are a different story.

Scott

Latest posts

Top Bottom