Coyote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to set up deer cameras this morning, while there i tried (for the first time) to thin out the coyotes. What a blast that is, had 5 come in and smacked one.
20230619_072202.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't want them all to look like that. If they were what would we hunt this time of year? They just need a little bit of controlling here and there.

They are awesome animals They are just impossible to eliminate.
If they were all gone, I would miss hearing them at night. When I would go to the OKCGC at night to pick up brass, I loved listening to them. A few times I could hear them in the brush and I would talk to them. They would hang around and listen to me.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t had a known calf death by a coyote, ever. I’ve lost a couple here and there but with no evidence to suggest it was coyotes. They do, however, spend a lot of time going after mice, rats, and other vermin, so I go out of my way to not shoot them. Maybe I’ve just been lucky.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t had a known calf death by a coyote, ever. I’ve lost a couple here and there but with no evidence to suggest it was coyotes. They do, however, spend a lot of time going after mice, rats, and other vermin, so I go out of my way to not shoot them. Maybe I’ve just been lucky.
We went from 100s of turkey to none in the last 4 years out where I hunt. They probably aren't the only problem but I figure it wont hurt to get rid of a few. They are way overpopulated in places out west.

Latest posts

Top Bottom