Dallas World Aquarium...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why cant we have something like this in Oklahoma?

That place is awesome. The wife and I spent 6 hours, walking through it twice on Friday. Unbelievable amount of flora and fauna considering the very small real-estate.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep,..pretty cool. Looks like an ordinary building downtown. Amazing that they've managed to blend an aquarium/rainforest into the building.

Do they still have the upper story you walk on and look down on the Orinoco Crocidile..? It's been 10+ years since I was there.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep,..pretty cool. Looks like an ordinary building downtown. Amazing that they've managed to blend an aquarium/rainforest into the building.

Do they still have the upper story you walk on and look down on the Orinoco Crocidile..? It's been 10+ years since I was there.

Yes they do. It really is an amazing place.

I'm a sucker for zoos, and this was a good departure for the standard zoo for me and the wife. Our only regret is that we left the kiddo with the grandparents. We are sure she (our daughter) would have loved it.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my wife went last year, it knocks the Jenks aquarium down about 10 notches. It's 3 stories tall with a basement section you walk through, the shark tank is incredible, and the way they set it up is fantastic. Our only regret was forgetting our camera and having to use cell phones to take pictures.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be an aquarium at the fairgrounds in Dallas. Anybody know if it is still there or when it closed? They had a snapping turtle that weighed over 250 pounds. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom