Daughter Headed to the Jr. Olympics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bragging a little here. My daughter swims competitively, she's 13 years old and has really been improving at a rocket pace in the last year or so. She has qualified for the Jr. Olympic games in Ann Arbor Michigan so will be skipping the Oklahoma Age Group Championships to attend that next week.

I can't express how proud I am of the girl. Not just her talent. She has talent but some of the others are more naturally athletic than her. She works really really hard. Not just at practices, she eats well, works out on her own, watches and studies video. She's really dedicated to taking responsibility for her improvement. Ad the fact that she's an all around great kid with amazing character and a heart for God. She's gonna be the complete package for some blessed young man in about 20 years.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome. Tell her to win out.
I can swim just far enough from shore to drown real good. Not a water baby.

By the time Rio comes up, the USofA may very well be more dangerous.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to her! It's amazing to watch when they find something the truly enjoy doing isn't it?

We are heading up there as well, my daughter is competing in Trampoline and Tumbling (she took a National Championship last year) and my son is having his first go at power lifting.

Wish we were going to Ann Arbor too. Our events and hotel are right in downtown Detroit! :shocked:

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to her! It's amazing to watch when they find something the truly enjoy doing isn't it?

We are heading up there as well, my daughter is competing in Trampoline and Tumbling (she took a National Championship last year) and my son is having his first go at power lifting.

Wish we were going to Ann Arbor too. Our events and hotel are right in downtown Detroit! :shocked:

That's really cool. Too bad you have to be right in the armpit of America. Hopefully we'll be out of the smelly area. We'll be at the University of Michigan. Here's a pic of where she'll get to swim. Will you be heading to the celebration of Athletes on the Monday after your kid's competitions? We've never been to the Jr. Os so would like to make it but she swims Monday so if she makes finals in those events, she'll be swimming Monday evening. If not, we will probably go before we head home.

260060_446501598733325_1024109883_n.jpg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will you be heading to the celebration of Athletes on the Monday after your kid's competitions? We've never been to the Jr. Os so would like to make it but she swims Monday so if she makes finals in those events, she'll be swimming Monday evening. If not, we will probably go before we head home.

We have to hit the road Sunday after the last event...at least get a few hours under our belt before stopping for the night. We didn't do the celebration of Athletes last year either but I heard its a pretty big show.

The individual groups seem to do a good job of having their own ceremonies too. For gymnastics they had the national team out doing an expo, then all the States got to parade their teams into the hall and they recognized the champs etc...pretty well done.

Good luck and be safe on the road! (Michigan honors our permits :wink2:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom