Dear Abbey, Dear Abbey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a complaint. I've recently had a falling out with an old and dear friend. He's found new friends, and it seems I've been excluded from his circle. I'm not writing this bread and butter letter on my behalf but on his.

He's fallen in with the wrong crowd. He thinks that all he has to do is turn in his beads and sandels to be a part of that "in group" of popular kids.

He thinks they won't demand more as time goes on. Today they convince you to stop wearing flowers in your hair, tommorrow they destroy the tort system. He's a boiling frog on a slippery slope and he's rolling downhill like a snowball headed for Hell.

What can I do about it? He was invited to my house on the first of the year. We were going to just hang out and listen to Steely Dan on vinyl. He's begged out citing circumstances beyond his control. I suppose it's his loss (I have some weed that is killer bustheadboo) but I just can't think of it that way.

What do I do?

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think you had a falling out with your friend. He still loves you and would be happy to share a hookah and sing "Let it Be" any day of the week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom