Dear OKC Gun Show Promoters...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I bought my new Sig at Academy last night. Why would I pay an entry fee to look at stuff someone is trying to sell me? The big show maybe, it's kind of like a sporting event, entertainment etc. I can trade here on OSA or other outlets and get fair market value too.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
am not going to pay 14.00 for the right to spend 500.00....that makes no sense....I quit the gun shows when they went to 10.00 and up.....in those days it was most of the price of a lb of powder...or...500 primers.....not me....

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is in the same building as the Wanenmacher show at the fairgrounds, but don't be confused, its not nearly the same show.

Metcalf loves to falsely advertise his show as the "BIG GUN SHOW" ...trying to fool people into thinking it is the Wanenmacher, you only fool most people once.

Grand American show used to be the second biggest and a pretty good show until they kept raising prices on admission and tables, again don't be fooled by the
2200 table claim on their website. The show is about 1/3 the size it used to be. They we're charging $15.00 at one point for admission!

As for the name, the building was origionally the Expo Square building when Tulsa was the Oil Capitol of the world until Houston took it from us...another story...then it
became the Quik Trip building for awhile...and now is the River Spirit Expo building....it can be the Fyrtwuck next year if you have the money.

Save your money for the Wanenmacher....its still only $10.00 and worth it!

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/home.html

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not $5 but better price than it was...

Grand American Arms Show
River Spirit Expo
Saturday, Aug 15 - Sunday, Aug 16

Event Information
Saturday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm

River Spirit Expo, Upper Level

Ticket Information
$10
$7 for Veterans and Active Duty Military

FWIW....Ad in todays Tulsa World says $12.00...not $10.00

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped going to gun shows when I realized I couldn't find any good deals there. I could find the same gun on my phone for $200 than the "deal" the man was offering.

It was fun to look around, and I did sell a gun once there, but nah, Facebook, OSA, and Arsmlist have me covered.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go to a show once in awhile just to get out of the house and see what's out there. The last couple of years, Ive been taking take short road trips to the out of town shows. It's always entertaining to hear dealers tell some wild stories about a gun they're trying to sell. I pretty much have all the guns I'm interested in, I mainly look for parts or accessories here and there and reloading supplies that I'd rather not pay a haz-mat fee to ship.

Latest posts

Top Bottom